How to update to the latest V.7?

Kob

Hello,

If I use an older NOD32 Antivirus V.7.x, can I update to the latest V.7 (that is V. 7.0.325.1)?

When I click to update to a new version from the GUI I am presented with V.8.x - which I don't want.

I am on Win7 SP1 64bit

You can check what version numbers for different products and main version (e.g. 8, 7, ...) are the newest on this sites e.g.:

(Just look at the bottom for "other versions")

There you can also download them or you use the download links in the kb article about older versions. Normally the files you can download from kb article are already the newest ones of the specific (main) version.

And with a valid license you can upgrade or downgrade to any ESET version you like, also the newest v7 of course - just install the files you have just downloaded.

But anyway why do you don't want to upgrade to NOD32 v8?

• ESET Staff

Hi Kob,

As rugk stated, version 8 is available. I'm not sure whether you want the latest version of V7 or the latest version of the product. If you want to get the very latest version, please follow these instructions. If you are looking for a later build of version 7, the pages that rugk referenced should be helpful.

Thanks, rugk.

To answer your question - I am very conservative when it comes to major software revisions. Traditionally, I let new SW/HW to bake for 6-12 months before I feel comfortable to adopt it, and since right now I don't have the time to research the negatives, I guess I will revisit V.8 in a few months time

• Administrators

Waiting 6-12 months before upgrading to a newer major version of security software is not recommended. It might even cost you valuable data if, for instance, Cryptolocker / Filecoder encrypted your files just because you hesitated with upgrade to a newer version with new features that would have prevented the infection.

At any rate, EAV v7 is downloadable from hxxp://www.eset.com/int/download/home/detail/family/2/fileflag/7.0.325.0/