Question regarding Eset Firewall and Windows

Go to solution Solved by itman,

It was time to renew my license and after sticking to Eset Nod32 Antivirus for many years I finally decided to make an upgrade my subscription. I went for Home Essential Security, which includes AV and Internet Security.
I Uninstalled NOD32 AV and did a fresh install of Eset Internet Security using the Eset Home site, and now I'm finished configuring the program to my liking. So far, so good. I like the added features in the Internet Security version. I do however have a bit of a question regarding Eset's Firewall and the firewall in Windows 10. I simply want to make sure, this is intended behaviour or not. I have provided several screenshots (Danish UI) that showcases, that the default firewall in Windows 10 has in fact been disabled, and that the system's firewall is now managed by Eset. However, in the taskmanager I'm noticing that one service related to the Windows firewall is in fact still running, named "mpssvc". Is this intended behaviour, when Eset's firewall is active, is it all good to go? My Eset Firewall is set to be in the default Automatic mode.

Thanks in advance.

eset screenshot 1.png

eset screenshot 2.png

eset screenshot 3.png

eset screenshot 4.png

• Solution

It is normal EIS behavior to keep Windows Defender firewall service running. If you refer to your above Windows Defender firewall settings screen shot, you will observe the wording that Eset "manages" its usage.

42 minutes ago, itman said:

It is normal EIS behavior to keep Windows Defender firewall service running. If you refer to your above Windows Defender firewall settings screen shot, you will observe the wording that Eset "manages" its usage.

Thank you for the swift respond itman. It's all good then!