What will happen if esysrescue.iso is installable?

fancybox

hxxp://s30.postimg.org/7s0bhgbz4/ESET_OS.jpg

Wouldn't that evolve into ESET OS? :D

It'd be nice if ESET made it into installable OS CD just like Steam doing Steam OS.

I'd totally use ESET OS definitely.

Install ESET OS alongside Windows partition

wouldn't be that bad idea either to prevent virus or

viewing/delete windows special files.

Even install linux softwares wouldn't be that bad idea either.

To put it blunt, ESET OS is more easy to use than Ubuntu unity desktop.

Since ESET based from LXDE it's so easy to use.

I never thought that it would upgradable into trusty stable channel.

This is the most epic thing that I ever do it on esysrescue CD. :P

I don't know whether ESET SysRescue Live uses LXDE. But it was said that it is based on Ubuntu.

But if both facts are true wouldn't it be more useful to use Lubuntu?

And no it's not a good idea to make ESET SysRescue Live (in it's actual state) installable. Because ESET SysRescue Live is only (yes, only!) an on-demand scanner - it doesn't have any features like real-time-protection or similar things.

Also it's free to use and ESET is a company which have to make money (they have staff, researchers and so on), so this doesn't fit too.

If you want an "ESET Linux" then I would suggest you to do these things:

• Install a Linux distribution of your choice1
  • If you like LXDE then just install it (if available for your distribution of course) or choose (like I already said) Lubuntu in the first step2
  • Then install ESET NOD32 Antivirus for Linux Desktop which is the "normal" antivirus system from ESET for Linux users. Unlike ESET SysRescue this contains a real-time-protection.

That's all! This is your "ESET OS". :)

1 In the system requirements of ESET NOD32 Antivirus for Linux Desktop it states a few distributions which are supported, however I think it could work on other distributions too:

ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4 for Linux Desktop runs on any system with Debian, RedHat, Ubuntu, SuSe, Fedora, Mandriva and majority of RPM and DEB distributions.

2 As Lubuntu is not listed in the system requirements I cannot guarantee that ESET NOD32 Antivirus for Linux Desktop will work on Lubuntu - however Lubuntu is based on Ubuntu (which is listed) so there is a high chance.

You might also be interested in this: WeLiveSecurity - Do you really need antivirus software for Linux desktops?

Edited by rugk