Lack of support

I used to be a very happy ESET user for many years and did recommend my friends to buy Smart security.

Since the launch of version 8 things have changed for the worse - a malfunctioning  update which forced me to move back to v7.

I raised the issue - see below link- and others did as  well.

However the issue just went dead, no suggestions any more, everything quit but the problem unresolved.

:angry:

I find that a very disappointing, customer unfriendly attitude and will reconsider a license renewal when the time comes.

https://forum.eset.com/topic/3688-smart-security-8-useless-error-connecting-to-wifi-home-network/

• ESET Staff

Hi Forkys,

I'm sorry to hear that you experience with ESET Smart Security 8 has not lived up to expectations. We do have a Knowledgebase article that addresses the update issue with ESET Smart Security 7 to ESET Smart Security 8. The issue is typically resolved by removing your existing installation and installing a fresh copy of version 8. It is important that if you are using a Windows XP machine, you should make sure that you have all available updates, specifically the Service Pack 3 (SP3) update.

If you have not already resolved your issue, i hope you will give this method a try and let us know if it works.

Thanks for the prompt answer. You make mention of the need to run a Windows XP PC? I'm surprised. XP is end of life, not longer supported by Microsoft.... Hopefully this works also for Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit, which I run?

• Most Valued Members

Thanks for the prompt answer. You make mention of the need to run a Windows XP PC? I'm surprised. XP is end of life, not longer supported by Microsoft.... Hopefully this works also for Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit, which I run?

It is important that if you are using a Windows XP machine,

"IF" is the relevant word in the post by CB530