ESET Service - Firewall Helper

I am at my wits end to why this service is always taking up to 30% of my CPU usage, usually around 15%.

I have seen various threads on here from Google but never an actual answer to the issue.

I am getting to the point of simply cancelling the service and finding a better solution. 

I have created a diag log already but its close to 2gb.

2024-01-10.png

• Administrators

If you have created EsetPerf.etl, please compress it, upload the archive to a safe location and drop me a personal message with a download link. Also upload logs collected with ESET Log Collector here (without EsetPerf.etl).

6 minutes ago, Marcos said:

If you have created EsetPerf.etl, please compress it, upload the archive to a safe location and drop me a personal message with a download link. Also upload logs collected with ESET Log Collector here (without EsetPerf.etl).

Messaged you. 

• Administrators

The issue has been reported to developers for investigation. Could you confirm that temporarily disabling Safe banking and browsing in the advanced setup make a difference?

P_ESSW-17704

I have disabled it in Brave and the Eset UI its solved the issue.

it seems to be the chrome/brave extension having a hissy fit :P

Edited by JetpacZX

• Administrators

The extension is not supported in Brave. If you keep it in Chrome, Firefox and Edge, does the issue occur?

2 minutes ago, Marcos said:

The extension is not supported in Brave. If you keep it in Chrome, Firefox and Edge, does the issue occur?

No its Brave thats the issue, that makes me sad as I much prefer to use Brave.

• Administrators
3 hours ago, JetpacZX said:

No its Brave thats the issue, that makes me sad as I much prefer to use Brave.

Did I understand it correctly that the issue is gone after removing the ESET extension from Brave?