Windows sleep/shut down problem

I'm currently trialling Eset Smart security 8 on windows 8.1 x64, and since installing Eset, when putting windows into sleep and shut down mode it's crashing windows and I have to manually restart/ shut down the PC.

Any idea what the problem could be.

When you try to put Windows it into standby or when you shutdown Windows it crashs?

So what does "crash" mean here?

Does it show a bluescreen?

If so it would be nice if you can look for the dump file and PM it to a moderator or submit it to the customer care.

When selecting sleep or shut down, the PC stays on and windows hangs with a black screen on the monitor. 

I'm thinking it's something to do with HIPS. I done a quick test, disabled then re-enabled HIPS and windows went to sleep mode without any problem.

I've been running Eset for a few days with HIPS in smart mode mostly.

Do the HIPS reports look normal ? 

sleep shut down hang.txt

• 10 months later...

I have the same problem here on several Windows 7 machines, with ESET Endpoint Antivirus 6.

The computer goes in standby and is frozen. The monitor stays in stanby when trying to wake up the computer. If the monitor awakes, I can see the mouse pointer but nothing else (black background) then everything freezes.

I always have to cold reboot the computer.

Who has a solution?

• Administrators

Please configure Windows to generate complete memory dump as per the instructions at hxxp://support.eset.com/kb380/. When the system freezes, trigger a manual crash so that a dump is generated. After restarting the computer, compress the memory dump, upload it to a safe location and pm me the download link.