Livegrid prevents safe application from launching based off location on computer...

Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

Hey,

One copy of an application I use is being blocked by LiveGrid "due to suspicious status in ESET LiveGrid" (it is located on drive I: ) but the same exact file (located on drive L: ) works with no problem. Drive I: and drive L: are separate storage devices (internal SSDs), and are not boot drives. PC is running Windows 10 22H2 19045. This only started since I updated ESET Internet Security to 17.0.15.0 (the UI changed as well)

I  would like to figure out how I can fix this, or at least whitelist the folder/program from Livegrid algorithms. I have tried both Performance and Detection Exclusions under "Detection Engine", and the exclusions under "Cloud-based protection" and none of these prevent Livegrid from stopping the application from running.

The windows error I get when trying to launch the program is: " Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You might not have the appropriate permissions to access the item." 

I also sent a manual submission of the program (at least I think I did) through the Submission of samples tab.

Not sure what else to mention so please ask if you need more details

Thanks,

• Administrators
  • Solution

The file should be unblocked now. We would appreciate if you could provide the SHA1 hash of the file and at least temporarily enable submission of anonymous statistic in the LiveGrid setup.