can not install in redirected folders (junctions)

I'm trying to install ESS into redirected folders on a different drive; the install works fine but I cannot activate the product. I created a junction for "c:\program files\ESET" to "D:\pf\ESET" & a junction for "c:\programdata\ESET" to "D:\pd\ESET". it appears that the junction of the ESET folder in Program files is causing the issue.

I also tried with symbolic links to no avail.

How could this be solved ?

Thx

At first: hardlink or symbolic link?

And BTW the installation directory you can also change at the installation. You just have to download the offline installer and select "advanced settings" during the installation.

But why did you created this links? Why do you want to move the files from the one partition/drive to another?

I tested with both a junction (MKLINK /J) & symbolic link (MKLINK /D) both resulting in the same problem

I will test with the offline installer; I was not aware of it. Thx

• Administrators

It seems it's not possible to install into junction folders as Windows Installer reports an error while creating folders. However, this is not ESET's fault as it's Windows Installer itself that is responsible for installing files.

Hmmm... Installing works perfectly well but the activation fails; you only get 1 option (username & pw) instead of 3 and activation using a username & pw fails (error 0008)

Here's how to replicate the issue:

create a folder "ESET" in c:\Program files & c:\Programdata

execute "mklink /J ESET d:\pf\eset" in c:\program files

execute "mklink /J ESET d:\pd\eset" in c:\programdata

run the live installer

see how activation only offers 1 option (username & pw) & try to activate: it will fail

Using the offline installer all works well and I do not need junctions

Thx