ESET Suddenly not updating- ?!?

I'm paid up into '16. ESET is not updating- box comes up w/ correct user name:

EAV- 8 digits

Also, correct PW. I re-entered both, nothing happens, box pops up again.

Assistance please anyone? Back on 12/8/14, went through long process to change password and has worked since then. Now, suddenly this.

OK: Submitted a moment ago... Got:

Thank You Your username and password will be emailed to you shortly.

Also, I followed procedures to clear the cache and re-tried.

Nothing.

Over an hour goes by, ESET claims this is the period it may take to eMail me- no eMail is sent.

Experienced this before.

Where do we go from here and with whom?

• Administrators

Over an hour goes by, ESET claims this is the period it may take to eMail me- no eMail is sent.

Please pm me your username so that I can check your license on files. The reason why you didn't get any email could be that your registration email address was different than the one you checked or the email ended up in a spam folder.

• ESET Staff

Hi Marc,

If you are in the United States, I would suggest that you contact our Customer Care department, who can assist you in looking up your credentials. I've included a hyperlink below that you can click to submit a support request:

hxxp://www.eset.com/us/support/contact/s1

NOTE: There WAS an ESET reply to this topic, -which has disappeared [?!?], leaving only my comments above. The ESET response was for me to go to this link, and follow directions: 

hxxp://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2388

Which I did.

Assistance please anyone? Thank you. Marc

Correct eMail address has been submitted!!!

I do not have access to "original eMail address". That account has been closed > 1 year and I have relocated. I have submitted ESET eMail address to use in FORM PROVIDED- TWICE. Thank you.

From eMail adress provided:

CB530: Hi Marc,

If you have already sent this information to Marcos, it is best if we allow him to work on retrieving your credentials. I do apologize for the confusion, but it's best that we don't have more than one person make changes to your account.

-------

Thank you. Also evidently, this has been assigned Case #1263501.

I look forward to assistance, asap. Marc

Next day. 9:45 am EST. Still waiting for an eMail with new PW info...PLEASE assist :) Thankyou!

"....This has been assigned Case #1263501...."

Marc

• Administrators

I think it's just morning on the west coast of the USA so please hold on for a while until an ESET personnel replies you. Your license was purchased in the US so they will need to find out why it was cancelled in the mid of 2014.

?! Cancelled in mid 2014?!!!

It ceased working on 12/29/14... I went through an ENTIRE reset of the PW, handing control of the operation over to an ESET Tech person on 12/8/14... What is going on?

12:45 PM 1-7-15. Still nothing- except this confusing feedback. I am paid up through 2016.

• Administrators

The problem is a different registration email was used for your last active license (y.....e@aol.com). I've just resent your U/P there.

That is NOT an active, effective address for me. I have now sent the CORRECT address some 5+ times. I will PM you the CORRECT address... 

Marcos, I note that I can not PM you by hovering cursor over "ESET Moderators" above.

Need to get correct eMail address to you. Suggestions? Or do you already have: marc.....y@yahoo.com?

?!

1. I have paid my subscription through 2016.
2. My correct address for a PW reset has been sent to ESET via NUMEROUS methods at least 6 times.
3. My User Name: EAV-30880562

Please send correct link or PW to the address given.

My last interaction w/ ESET occurred on 12-8-14. I allowed an ESET Tech to take control of my PC and we changed the PW. It worked fine until 12-29-14, when for unknown reasons, the virus signature database ceased to update. After numerous attempts, I was finally provided with a link to enable me to try to "clear the cache". I followed this protocol. It did not work.

At this point, I am being told that information has been sent to an email address which is invalid to me.

Awaiting correct information to be sent to correct address. 

• Administrators

First of all, this forum does not serve as a means to contact local distributors and resellers. The forum is moderated by the staff who may not be able to edit your license details on files. The official request should be addressed to your distributor, which is ESET, LLC. Anyways, I've asked colleagues from the US to amend your license information and update the email address. A notification about the change was sent to both addresses. Also you should have received a license email with your username and password to your new email address.

• Administrators

After ALL of that, ESET finally provided the ORIGINAL password. Unbelievable waste of time and energy.  

Not that unbelievable given that a different registration email address was used. By calling ESET, LLC you would have resolved it within minutes while tackling the issue here required communication between the US and Europe (Slovakia).

After ALL of that, ESET finally provided the ORIGINAL password. Unbelievable waste of time and energy.  

Not that unbelievable given that a different registration email address was used. By calling ESET, LLC you would have resolved it within minutes while tackling the issue here required communication between the US and Europe (Slovakia).

1. WHO logs onto the ESET forum knowing they are suddenly dealing with ESET Slovakia?!

2. The original reason PW was changed to begin with, was to remove usage by a 3rd party.

3. CHANGING the PW is like pulling suckers off an Octopus.

4. Then, out of nowhere, a month later, ESET ceases updating and (new) PW ceases to function.

5. ESET then sends user on a multi-pronged form-fill out. Never "gets" ONE of K[N to X+1] messages sent that THE ORIGINAL eMail used to open the account IS NOT the eMail associated with UPDATING / RENEWING.

6. Finally, ESET provides a password. The ORIGINAL Password. The one user was attempting to change out in the FIRST place.

But the customer is wrong, -right? Ha hahaha.

Have a better year.

Regards,

Marc

hxxp://tinyurl.com/mvmguitarist