Limited Direct Cloud Connectivity

Dears ,

I have issue with some of users ,it's show up the Limited Direct Cloud Connectivity , I have been opened from the firewall ports :8883 ,80 ,443 and 53535 for *.Eset.com but still some users appears yellow message . if there any other ports should open it ?

image.thumb.png.0b7a8c612ae4e2806cebe1a36af62e0c.png

• Administrators

If you can reproduce the error shortly after a computer restart:

1. Enable advanced logging under Help and support -> Technical support
  2. Reboot the machine
  3. Reproduce the issue
  4. Stop logging
  5. Collect logs with ESET Log Collector and upload the generated archive here (only the ESET staff can access attachments). If the archive is too big to upload here, upload it to a file sharing service and drop me a private message with a download link.

If it takes long, enable only advanced Direct Cloud logging in the advanced setup -> Tools -> Diagnostics. After the error has occurred, disable logging, collect logs with ESET Log Collector and upload the generated archive here. Also provide information about the time when the issue occurred.

2 hours ago, Marcos said:

If you can reproduce the error shortly after a computer restart:

1. Enable advanced logging under Help and support -> Technical support
  2. Reboot the machine
  3. Reproduce the issue
  4. Stop logging
  5. Collect logs with ESET Log Collector and upload the generated archive here (only the ESET staff can access attachments). If the archive is too big to upload here, upload it to a file sharing service and drop me a private message with a download link.

If it takes long, enable only advanced Direct Cloud logging in the advanced setup -> Tools -> Diagnostics. After the error has occurred, disable logging, collect logs with ESET Log Collector and upload the generated archive here. Also provide information about the time when the issue occurred.

Hi @Marcos,

May the issue with the Firewall ports , But I need to check which the related IPs and ports for the Direct connectivity to the cloud and  Push Notifications is there any security features reflect to this issue ? 

On 12/12/2023 at 2:10 PM, Marcos said:

Not a security issue but it may take longer to apply changes in policies, license, etc. if EPNS is not working properly.

Good Day @Marcos I have been sent the logs a private message . 

Looking forward from you ,

Thanks & Regards,

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

For some reason I could not find epfwlog.dat log in the archive although the ELC log says otherwise.

On Dec 14 there was a problem with DNS between 05:46:03 and 05:46:12. As to what was going on, we can't tell. The pcap log could at least tell if there was problem with network communication in general in this time frame.