How do I verify my email address with the estore??

Go to solution Solved by blitzarokra,

I have already CHANGED my registered email address over at ESET HOME in order to get a verification link. Got the link. Verified the NEW email.

Still getting this verification banner.

This is by FAR the worse experience I have had to cancel a sub.

Screenshot 2023-12-03 004505.png

• Administrators

Unfortunately I was unable to find any license registered with your forum email address exxxxxxxxxxxxxxx6@alxxxs.com and you didn't provide your public license ID (XXX-XXX-XXX) for identification of your license either.

In order to enable or disable auto-renewal, you must enter your license key (XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX) and confirm the license ownership by clicking the link in the verification email. This is for security reasons, you would not want someone else to enable or disable auto-renewal without your knowledge on your behalf just with your license key.

• Marcos changed the title to How do I verify my email address with the estore??

you must enter your license key (XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX) and confirm the license ownership by clicking the link in the verification email.

lol this is borderline insane.

again, what verification email? how do i get one? where is the link? what are the steps i need to follow to request one? you have this innate ability to go through the branches and totally evade questions when it comes to this topic.

the question is simple: how do i get a verification email.

i am not asking you to look up my license, nor a license id. all i want is to verify my email. can this be done?

This is for security reasons, you would not want someone else to enable or disable auto-renewal without your knowledge on your behalf just with your license key.

i have already spent HOURS trying to cancel my auto-renewal. you want to believe you are doing your users a favour by making it so annoyingly frustrating and confusing but let me tell you, you are not.

all i wanted was to cancel my sub so that i may weigh my options upon renewal and consider one of your newly released plans. auto renewal only benefits you. not me. i get to pay more than $100 when i could get a new plan with an extra device for $60. now i want nothing to do with eset. you have decided for me.

Edited by FUEset

edit:

if you are suggesting i get an automatic verification email upon trying to disable auto-renewal - i am not.

i have the original receipt and access to the original email. i also have access to the new email i set up in order to force a new verification email, which didn't work.

ive checked spam folders and everywhere.

• Solution

14 hours ago, FUEset said:

I have already CHANGED my registered email address over at ESET HOME in order to get a verification link. Got the link. Verified the NEW email.

Still getting this verification banner.

This is by FAR the worse experience I have had to cancel a sub.

I'm a new customer. But had the exactly issue as you. No email was registered, so I contacted the support about this. I also posted the same image as you. No email was registered. And they accepted my support email and turned my auto-renewal off. When contacting the support don't forget the id you got when buying Eset.

Edited by blitzarokra

57 minutes ago, blitzarokra said:

I'm a new customer. But had the exactly issue as you. No email was registered, so I contacted the support about this. I also posted the same image as you. No email was registered. And they accepted my support email and turned my auto-renewal off. When contacting the support don't forget the id you got when buying Eset.

thank you.

its already bad they make customers have to contact support to cancel auto-renewal, but its even worse that they hide it and try to fault the users for not getting it right. they waste people's time with the illusion that they can solve this themselves.

not one of these people below got a straight answer. they all got ambiguous instructions about their license id, product id, and what not.

@Marcos raves on about emails and licenses EVERY SINGLE TIME this becomes an issue with a user when in reality, the solution should be obvious and clear and straightforward.

1 hour ago, FUEset said:

its already bad they make customers have to contact support to cancel auto-renewal, but its even worse that they hide it and try to fault the users for not getting it right. they waste people's time with the illusion that they can solve this themselves.

I know. It's bad that they don't fix this. I was trying to enable my email so many times. I didn't find anything useful on this forums. It was the same message every time "do this, do that x y". Nothing of these messages helped me. So I only contacted support and then they disabled my auto-renew. For me, this should be easier to do. People shouldn't need to use support just for this.

Oh yeah, make it as hard as they can to cancel auto-renew, its a way for easy revenue. Most people forget, that's what they are counting on. Eset every day make me trust them less and less.