HIPS button not shown in the main ESET Antivirus 16 window

Guest ESET user

So, the question is that HIPS button not present in the main ESET Antivirus 16 window (there are 3 buttons in setup sub-menu instead of 4). In detailed setup menu all HIPS options are enabled. ESET is green, no alerts. No result after reboot. HIPS button was shown in the main window in previous periods on this computer and is shown on two others (system configs on all computers are similar).

Guest ESET user
1 hour ago, Marcos said:

Please provide a screenshot for clarification.

Don't know how to provide a screenshot here, but there is a link to ESET manual which can be used as screenshot

https://help.eset.com/eav/15/en-US/idh_hips_advanced.html?idh_page_settings_antivirus.html

In my case there is no 3rd button HIPS in main window.

But in detailed setup all is on as shown here

https://help.eset.com/eav/15/en-US/idh_hips_advanced.html?idh_hips_main.html

Should I worry about missing HIPS button in main window? Or it's OK as all HIPS setup settings are on and there is no alert?

Guest ESET user
27 minutes ago, Marcos said:

This is from EAV v17, HIPS is there:

image.png

Yes, it should be like this, but it's not in my case - there is no HIPS button in a row between Device control and Gamer mode, allthough HIPS options are enabled in detailed setup menu. It's strange that this problem is present on 1 computer, but there is HIPS button on 2 other computers.

26 minutes ago, Marcos said:

This is from EAV v17, HIPS is there:

The OP is stating the HIPS option is missing in Computer Protection section on his Eset installation.

However, the HIPS option appears in Advanced setup settings under Detection Engine settings and appears to be fully functional.

Guest ESET user
11 minutes ago, itman said:

The OP is stating the HIPS option is missing in Computer Protection section on his Eset installation.

However, the HIPS option appears in Advanced setup settings under Detection Engine settings and appears to be fully functional.

Yes, that's the problem.

7 minutes ago, Marcos said:

You can try uninstalling v16 and installing v17.0.15 from scratch.

I doubt about that, because on my comps ESET updated only to version 16 (Win7 + Win 8.1).

Guest ESET user
13 hours ago, Marcos said:

Since you have Windows 7, please uninstall v16.0 and install it from scratch. You can download the latest version 16.0.28 from https://forum.eset.com/files/file/128-eset-security-16028/.

No, this problem with missing HIPS button is on one computer with Win8.1. This problem appeared several days ago. And no result after reboot. Allthough in Advanced setup all HIPS options are enabled and there is no alert from EAV.

I have 3 computers with EAV 16, and on the other Win8.1 and Win7 computers HIPS button is shown on its place.

In previous weeks HIPS button was present on all 3 comps and EAV was already upgraded to v16 in August.

So, is this situation with missing HIPS button in main EAV window OK or not?

• Administrators

We kindly ask you to provide:
1, A screenshot to illustrate the issue.
2, Logs collected with ESET Log Collector. Beforehand please create a dump of ekrn.exe via Tool -> Diagnostics -> Create in the advanced setup.
3, Information if uninstalling ESET and installing v16.0.28 from the link above makes a difference.

Guest ESET user
22 minutes ago, Marcos said:

We kindly ask you to provide:
1, A screenshot to illustrate the issue.
2, Logs collected with ESET Log Collector. Beforehand please create a dump of ekrn.exe via Tool -> Diagnostics -> Create in the advanced setup.
3, Information if uninstalling ESET and installing v16.0.28 from the link above makes a difference.

OK, but how to place a screenshot here? I don't see any options for guests to attach or paste pictures here?

• Administrators

Not sure if you can post a screenshot as a guest in this Quick questions forum. Please sign up and re-post in the appropriate product forum here. You should be able to attach also ELC logs then.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ESET user

Update on this topic:

I solved this problem with missing HIPS button in main program window by uninstalling and reinstalling Eset antivirus 16 on Windows 8.1 64-bit.

But in process I encountered problems with activating Eset.

Before uninstall, I tried to change my license information, because it was time to renew license. And this section (or button) in main program window did not work - there was no result (no special window) after click to change license and I could not enter new license key in Eset. So, it was one more strange error in main program window, and I decided to reinstall Eset.

After that, I exported settings and uninstalled Eset, reboot computer and began to install Eset antivirus 16. Eset asked about activation and I tried, but it returned error ACT.24 several times. Eset on-line solution on activation errors was not helpful in my case.

Keeping opened Eset installation window, I then manually cleaned directories windows\temp, program data, program files, user\appdata from any remaining Eset folders. Also I cleaned Windows registry by RegCleaner from any Eset entries - there was one such.

Then I skipped activation step, installed Eset and only then successfully activated it and totally scanned computer - no viruses (scanning took about 2 hours).

Don’t know, what was the origin of this problems in main program window and activation errors. I spent more than 3 hours in total implementing these operations.

And I wonder - is it safe to delete temporary Eset folders created during installation process in windows\temp and user\appdata\local\temp ?

• Administrators
14 minutes ago, Guest ESET user said:

And I wonder - is it safe to delete temporary Eset folders created during installation process in windows\temp and user\appdata\local\temp ?

Yes, you can delete it. I have there only 2 empty ESET folders.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.