BPS Extension in FF and BPP Green Border 2nd Window

Go to solution Solved by COStark26,

Willing to try it ... In my FF 120 I installed the BPS extension today with a shallow understanding of it ... but find that the typical BPP Green Border 2nd Window for named financial sites, etc., ... doesn't occur now.

Is THAT related to the new extension  or is something amiss. Thanks as always....

Edited by COStark26
clarification

• COStark26 changed the title to BPS Extension in FF and BPP Green Border 2nd Window
16 minutes ago, COStark26 said:

Willing to try it ... In my FF 120 I installed the BPS extension today with a shallow understanding of it ... but find that the typical BPP Green Border 2nd Window for named financial sites, etc., ... doesn't occur now.

The first thing to realize with ver.17 is that redirect to financial web sites when running the browser in non-always secured browser mode doesn't exist anymore. I suspect this has something to do with your not seeing the green border you are referring to.

Thanks for that ... my only clue that BPP is working is the 2nd Green Border Window, so I'll ask Marcos / constexpr, etc. to clarify What its absence means for BPP.... does No Green With BPS ext mean No BPP. Forgot to say the obvious ... the Green Border Box IS chk'd....

@itman, I'm guessing that you don't plan to use it. I've found no "use examples" & (ie) What you see IF a Search result nets a Red Flag ..... For a non-techie it reads like a logical Security Aid, admin tool, etc., ....  BUT we're off to a very slow start.

Edited by COStark26

Sorry, Marcos .....it wasn't the 2nd of Two Green border windows BUT a 2nd window with a green border.

That 2nd window with a green border no longer occurs and I don't know if That means BPP is Not Active as a result.

1 hour ago, COStark26 said:

Sorry, Marcos .....it wasn't the 2nd of Two Green border windows BUT a 2nd window with a green border.

That 2nd window with a green border no longer occurs and I don't know if That means BPP is Not Active as a result.

OK, I Uninstalled the Extension and STILL No 2nd Window with Green Border.

I know I was getting the 2nd Window in BPP BUT cannot remember IF I got it After the 17.0.15 Update but before the extension.

How should BPP work now with 17.0.15 and No extension?

How WITH the Extension?

Edited by COStark26

• ESET Staff

There is no correlation between green border and Browser Privacy & Security extension, they work independently. But there is another connection:

In EIS16:

• Secure all browsers was by default On - there was no need to redirect you to secured browser when you open bank website, because you was already protected within your default browser (green frame is always visible until Browser's green frame is not disabled)
  • Redirect to secure browser was by default Off - because Secure all browser is enabled
  • You can disable Secure all browsers and enable redirect for your list of (mostly banking) websites in advanced setup
  • No Browser Privacy & Security extension

After update to EIS17:

• Functionality of redirect to secured browser is removed
  • Secure all browsers state is unchanged, so:
    • if you have it enabled previously, nothing changed
    • if you have it disabled previously and enabled redirector, this will no longer work
  • Browser Privacy & Security extension is installed as an additional platform for browser protection

In general, it's recommended to have Secure all browsers enabled, so you are protected all the time. Green frame as protection status indicator can be configured in advanced setup, if it distract your browser appearance.

For those users that don't like protection of default browser or prefer banking in isolated environment, there is still an option to open ESET Safe Banking & Browsing (renamed from BPP) from desktop shortcut. This works regardless of whether you have Secure all browsers enabled or not.

Did you find an answer for your questions?

• Solution

Thanks for the reply, and itman's statement makes sense now after reading the After Update to EIS17 data.

I DO get the Green border when clking a BPP shortcut I put in my Taskbar - it didn't sink in at first that the Old Way to define BPP sites was removed and that getting the Green border window from clking a previously named site in a normal Firefox window is gone.

I'll use the BPP shortcut and build new shortcuts from within it. Thanks again to you both!