back to version 16

Go to solution Solved by itman,

• Solution

First, you will have to uninstall ver. 17.0.5. Prior to doing so and if you have made custom changes to Eset default settings, ensure you export your existing Eset settings.

Next, refer to this article:https://support.eset.com/en/kb2885-download-and-install-eset-offline-or-install-older-versions-of-eset-products. Scroll down in the web page to this section, Earlier versions of ESET Windows home products. Download ver. 16.x for your respective Eset product.

After ver. 16.x completes installation, import your exported Eset settings if done so previously.

• Administrators

I'd recommend reporting the issue(s) you have with v17 to ESET so that they can be fixed. When v16 reaches EOL, it will be upgraded automatically to keep your machine protected. Also keep in mind that v17 has several issues present in v16 fixed.

Next, refer to this article:https://support.eset.com/en/kb2885-download-and-install-eset-offline-or-install-older-versions-of-eset-products. Scroll down in the web page to this section, Earlier versions of ESET Windows home products. Download ver. 16.x for your respective Eset product.

thanks for these explanations

I'd recommend reporting the issue(s) you have with v17 to ESET so that they can be fixed. When v16 reaches EOL, it will be upgraded automatically to keep your machine protected. Also keep in mind that v17 has several issues present in v16 fixed.

The problem is that in addition to bugs, there are functions that are no longer present and that served me as the site opening automatically in the secure browser.
I will block the version change, so I can stay on version 16. 

• Most Valued Members
1 hour ago, Max691 said:

thanks for these explanations

The problem is that in addition to bugs, there are functions that are no longer present and that served me as the site opening automatically in the secure browser.
I will block the version change, so I can stay on version 16. 

You'd be best to post what those issues are as eventually version 16 will stop working.

Newer versions also contain bug fixes so using older versions can put your device at risk