unused smart security 4 lic keys saying expired now?

zfactor

i bought a bunch of these because i asked eset if the lic keys would ever be no good and the answer i was given by cust support through email as well as marcos over at wilders was they will not expire. i tried using one today and its telling me the key is expired. this one was still shrink wrapped prior to using it so no way its been used before. tried a few times with the same code and same response from ess.

so now will all my (i still have a handful of these for use down the line when newegg had them on blowout i bought the max allowed because eset told me they would never expire for use) keys do this or is this a fluke with this one??

please let me know asap.

Yes convert it, or its not valid.

It may not give you EAV, it may give you an actual activation key which is also different.

activation keys, EAV which included password, and trials are the only 3 methods of activation without ESET staff intervention.

correct its an activation key and it has never been used before. the package was just opened prior to using it. been with eset since v2 and just never had a issue with these which is why i was worried when it didnt work okay.

Is it still not working ?

How many of these CD's do you have from Newegg that are not working ?

I would contact support and have them look at the key you have, or PM one of the moderators on the forum here and request validity be checked.