Which Product Category of 2024 Product Line for existing ESET Internet Subscribers?

Hi,

Currently subscribed to ESET Internet Security 3 devices via Google Play Store. Which Product Category of 2024 Product Line will the existing ESET Internet Subscribers be migrated to? Will they get the new ESET VPN?

Thanks

This is disappointing.

1. It is a mistake to not allow to separately buy ESET Nod 32 at a cheaper price and displayed prominently, A bad decision.

2. It is pathetic to call a product Internet Security and not include a VPN. A bad and greedy decision. 

3. ESET Live Guard should have been included in all the three products.

4. Previously ESET Smart Security Premium was useless as it offered nothing substantial and was priced higher than Internet Security while there was still some justification to upgrade from Nod 32 to Internet Security, Now with current 2024 lineup of products there is nothing substantial to upgrade from Essential to either Premium or Ultimate. And at the same time VPN is an essential for Internet Security should have been included. 

The antivirus from competing products like Kaspersky etc. is much more competitive both in terms of price as well as features. 

1 hour ago, Marcos said:

ESET Internet Security is included with ESET Home Security Essential subscription. VPN is included with ESET Home Security Ultimate subscription.

Why do you even call it internet security and not include unlimited VPN and Live Guard where there is a high possibility of encountering unknown zero day threats while browsing.? ESET Products are underwhelming. Will search for alternatives. Internet Security is suppose to include everything except may be things like premium remote support and Identity theft protection or insurance etc. Basic Antivirus does not has Firewall and VPN. Goodluck with your sales and market existence. What a RIP off indeed. Just for the heck of it and earning more profits you have created unnecessary category. Could have simply created a basic security and a total security for 29 and 49 USD. Should have offered more value to customers. 

• Most Valued Members
7 hours ago, Guest Ayu said:

Why do you even call it internet security and not include unlimited VPN and Live Guard where there is a high possibility of encountering unknown zero day threats while browsing.? ESET Products are underwhelming. Will search for alternatives. Internet Security is suppose to include everything except may be things like premium remote support and Identity theft protection or insurance etc. Basic Antivirus does not has Firewall and VPN. Goodluck with your sales and market existence. What a RIP off indeed. Just for the heck of it and earning more profits you have created unnecessary category. Could have simply created a basic security and a total security for 29 and 49 USD. Should have offered more value to customers. 

While I agree that premium maybe didn't have a lot of features some would call useful I wouldn't say that internet security product requires a VPN.

Maybe the names of the products should be changed but for me for an AV product that is designed to protect against malware, hackers etc. I'd say a VPN is more of an additional tool, more focused on privacy issues over security issues. A VPN can hide your location, IP etc. but it doesn't stop you getting hacked/getting infected.

Really I would have preferred sticking with 3 products, basic, standard and pro.

17 hours ago, peteyt said:

While I agree that premium maybe didn't have a lot of features some would call useful I wouldn't say that internet security product requires a VPN.

Maybe the names of the products should be changed but for me for an AV product that is designed to protect against malware, hackers etc. I'd say a VPN is more of an additional tool, more focused on privacy issues over security issues. A VPN can hide your location, IP etc. but it doesn't stop you getting hacked/getting infected.

Really I would have preferred sticking with 3 products, basic, standard and pro.

When the company doesn't have too many features at the first place to differentiate their products there is no need to create three categories, make them more expensive, and deny the users essential features and forcing them to pay more for higher priced products, creating unnecessary category just because others in the market are doing it? Emsisoft doesn't do it. You see, not only ESET products are expensive (speaking in general for everybody), but also compared to similar products in the same category, they have lesser features making them a no go. For example I also have Kaspersky Internet Security (now Plus) which gives unlimited VPN. Similarly many others too provide many additional features to users. An internet security suite is never the entry level product, an antivirus is. And even ESET support is not that good, I didn't get answer of my email that is why I have to come here while, for example, other products like Kaspersky are offering live chat support 24*7. On the top of that in AV Comparatives Tests apart from advance threat protection, ESET scores in other tests are below average. I am sure even Ransomware Protection is nowhere near Kaspersky and others like Bitdefender and Avast. 

As far as VPN is concerned, when I am connected to Public WiFi which are plentiful these days, a VPN is very much required. That implies I am connected to internet and my internet security suite is not providing me good protection. By encrypting your internet traffic and providing a secure tunnel for your data, a VPN helps safeguard your privacy and security when using public Wi-Fi, protecting against a range of potential threats and vulnerabilities. This includes Man-in-the-Middle Attacks (MITM), Packet Sniffing, Evil Twin Attacks, Session Hijacking, Rogue Hotspots, DNS Spoofing, SSL Stripping and protection on Unsecured Networks. privacy is not different from Security. Privacy is a subset of Security which is the superset. Privacy is needed for complete security. 

A VPN is needed for an Internet Security Product. Live Guard is needed. Internet Security is not a base or entry level product. Other Companies like Kaspersky also include Password Managers etc but that is too much to expect from ESET. No wonder ESET is not good. 

• Most Valued Members
7 hours ago, Guest Ayu said:

When the company doesn't have too many features at the first place to differentiate their products there is no need to create three categories, make them more expensive, and deny the users essential features and forcing them to pay more for higher priced products, creating unnecessary category just because others in the market are doing it? Emsisoft doesn't do it. You see, not only ESET products are expensive (speaking in general for everybody), but also compared to similar products in the same category, they have lesser features making them a no go. For example I also have Kaspersky Internet Security (now Plus) which gives unlimited VPN. Similarly many others too provide many additional features to users. An internet security suite is never the entry level product, an antivirus is. And even ESET support is not that good, I didn't get answer of my email that is why I have to come here while, for example, other products like Kaspersky are offering live chat support 24*7. On the top of that in AV Comparatives Tests apart from advance threat protection, ESET scores in other tests are below average. I am sure even Ransomware Protection is nowhere near Kaspersky and others like Bitdefender and Avast. 

As far as VPN is concerned, when I am connected to Public WiFi which are plentiful these days, a VPN is very much required. That implies I am connected to internet and my internet security suite is not providing me good protection. By encrypting your internet traffic and providing a secure tunnel for your data, a VPN helps safeguard your privacy and security when using public Wi-Fi, protecting against a range of potential threats and vulnerabilities. This includes Man-in-the-Middle Attacks (MITM), Packet Sniffing, Evil Twin Attacks, Session Hijacking, Rogue Hotspots, DNS Spoofing, SSL Stripping and protection on Unsecured Networks. privacy is not different from Security. Privacy is a subset of Security which is the superset. Privacy is needed for complete security. 

A VPN is needed for an Internet Security Product. Live Guard is needed. Internet Security is not a base or entry level product. Other Companies like Kaspersky also include Password Managers etc but that is too much to expect from ESET. No wonder ESET is not good. 

Personally I see a VPN as an extra tool. Eset already protects you from unsecure networks e.g. public WiFi.

The thing is adding something like a VPN is going to add extra costs and some users may not agree with this. For that reason it makes sense to have a general security stuff e.g. with a firewall or people can pay more to get a VPN.

For example I use sticky password manager as I have a lifetime license. I feel a password manager is good for security but I'd call it an additional extra just like a VPN. If they had added a password manager to internet security and put the price up due to that, it wouldn't have been good for me as I'd be paying for something I already had

Like I said I do think this should have went to the premium product instead of having a newer extra tier 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, peteyt said:

Like I said I do think this should have went to the premium product instead of having a newer extra tier

Since the expenses connected with integrating a 3rd party VPN not negligible and ESET pays for each license to its vendor, doing so would substantially increase the price of ESET Smart Security Premium (ESSP). With the current subscription plans, you can decide which suits you best without paying extra money for something that you don't need (e.g. if you already have a license for VPN).

• Most Valued Members
59 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Since the expenses connected with integrating a 3rd party VPN not negligible and ESET pays for each license to its vendor, doing so would substantially increase the price of ESET Smart Security Premium (ESSP). With the current subscription plans, you can decide which suits you best without paying extra money for something that you don't need (e.g. if you already have a license for VPN).

What about users who would like to use Eset's VPN but only have one device?

Is there a reason eset ultimate can't be purchased for just one device.