Dynamic groups, NO DATA AVAILABLE... bug ?

Go to solution Solved by verus,

Hi,

I installed ESET 6 (active license) and I am testing the dynamic groups but there seems to be a problem with it.

When I create a dynamic group and I add a template to it (which I made) then I shows NO DATA AVAILABLE and I know that it should contain data.

I even made a new group and a new template which is exactly the same as another existing template (windows computers template) and my dynamic group with my template (which is the same as the one that already exists) shows no data...however everything is the same ??

This looks like a bug to me ? Or am I doing something wrong ?

Thanks, Verus.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Former ESET Employees

Sorry for the delay, we have not had any bugs of this nature reported, but I would like to collect a bit of additional information.  Does the search appear to be mapping the Active Directory structure completely, or does anything seem like it is missing?  On the machines that are showing up, have you been able to deploy the agent or endpoint software successfully to them?

• 2 months later...

Is there a time delay between adding an agent reporting system information to ERA server and a system appearing in a given Dynamic group?

If so, what is the time period and can it be shortened to expedite the testing period?

I have an agent installed and functioning on the ERA server. OS information is reported correctly, but the system does not appear in the Linux dynamic group.

Please advise. I can provide logs if needed.

• Administrators

If so, what is the time period and can it be shortened to expedite the testing period?

You can shorten the interval for agent's connections to ERAS in the agent's policy.

• Former ESET Employees

Dynamic group templates are evaluated by Agent. Computer should be in corresponding dynamic group after second connection of Agent to Server. In first they get the info about dynamic group template, and in second connection Agent sends if it belongs to dynamic group.

Because of this you can trigger client tasks on Agent in situations where Agent has no connection to Server.