search tasks, computers with Linux operating system

I can not find through search tasks, computers with Linux operating system - Ubuntu.

The research method I'm using is crawling through the IP

How do I find these computers for remote installation?

• ESET Staff

Hi Protagon,

Do you have remote administration enabled for each of the computers running Ubuntu? Our Knowledgebase article Why can't I see client workstations in the client tab of the ESET Remote Administrator Console? has instructions to enable remote administration on client workstations. Give the steps in that article a try, if after completing those steps you are still not able to find your Ubuntu clients, you can try searching using computer name rather than IP address. We cover this technique in method 2 of the Knowledgebase article I cannot see client workstations in the Remote Install tab of the ESET Remote Administrator Console (5.x). Hope this helps.

--CB530

Solved the problem by disabling the option "trace ports in the range" and ticked the option "apply ping command on computers."

Located the machine and installed remotely successful.

A doubt! The xml file integrated in the package is not being set in antivirus. The "remote administration" and "update" are pointed to my server, however when the install antivirus does not load the edited settings in the package.

What can it be?

• ESET Staff

Hi Protagon,

We may need to get some additional info from you to help with the issue of your configuration not being applied after a push install. Have you been able to apply your configuration to client workstations using another method? We have instructions to push a .XML configuration to client workstations in our Knowledgebase article.

--CB