Settings error after update engine to 8.0.304.0

Hi,

After I update my Smart Security from 7.something to 8.0.304.0 I faced some issues that are bugging me and wasting my patience.

They were two:

The first one was that the Smart Security real-time protection was not starting automaticaly with Windows. WTH, how you do an update and this kind of setting is turned off?

This one I solved by simply checking the box as seen below.

post-6070-0-69650600-1419689578_thumb.png

The second one is the pain on the butt. Every Windows startup Action Center warns me that ESET has some serious business to deal with, because it's virus signature database are too old, from a long time ago and need some update with urgency. Man, are you kidding me? It's the latest.  <_<

post-6070-0-14869700-1419689582_thumb.png
How do I do to make Smart Security know that it HAS the latest update and not nag me with Action Center?

This update experience is breaking my heart with ESET. Something that is so simple, turning so annoying.

If it is for some use, my system is:

Windows 7 with all the latest updates

AMD Phenon X4 940

Asus Sabertooth 990FX

16GB RAM G.Skill

256 GB Corsair SSD

If anyone can help with it, thanks in advance.

Att.

Felipe Lordello

PS: After the update I lost all my settings (my precious firewall rules!). Damn! How could this simples thing not be automaticaly saved for the update?   <_<  I know I'm a dumbass for not export/backup it, but ESET could reminded me before doing it, couldn't?  ;)

post-6070-0-69650600-1419689578_thumb.png

post-6070-0-14869700-1419689582_thumb.png

Edited by Lordello

• Administrators

During a program component update (PCU), all settings are supposed to be preserved. However, rarely under certain not yet known circumstances we've been reported that settings were not preserved or an error occurred during the PCU. Logs from such cases are being currently being analyzed. If anybody can reproduce the issue at any time on a virtual machine with a snapshot, please let us know.

Normally you can find this memory dump under C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP (see the last step of this kb article).

Normally the real-time-protection is activated automatically. Also in "media to scan" all checkboxes should be activated.

And what VSD version do you have? Or just post a screenshot of the update window.

Normally you can find this memory dump under C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP (see the last step of this kb article).

550Mb, too big for any free webstorage I know... hehehehe

But now I think things have worked out... so for know I'll let it pass...

Thanks for all of you.

If its compressed it will not be 550 mb

memory dumps compress at like 200-300%

So if it were 550mb it would compress down to like 25mb or less, i dont know the algorithm, but thats how it works.

Take the .DMP file and zip it using 7zip or winzip.