Program Components Update (PCU) setup with several mirror servers

Hi There,

I was wondering if someone could help me understand how the Program Components Update (PCU) works when using local site mirror servers (Eset Endpoint Antivirus / File Security / ERA 5).

A quick overview of our setup:

- 1 ERA server/console to manage multiple sites, all on separate networks/domains.

- 1 mirror server per site (using http), the mirror being usually setup on a server running Eset File Security (No ERA).

- The mirror servers are set to download their updates from the ERA server.

- All other PCs download their updates from their local mirror server.

The mirror server setup works fine for virus signature database updates, however I cannot get it to work for PCU.

I know the program components update are not extremely critical but I just like to keep things up to date.

I've followed the following KB for the PCU setup : SOLN3308

I've downloaded the right nup files and added the appropriate lines to the update.ver file.

It works fine if I set a PC to connect directly to the ERA server for its updates.

When I look at the local servers mirror directory, I can't see any of the PCU files being downloaded.

I've found a workaround, if I add the PCU files directly to the mirror directory of each local servers and add the right lines to the update.ver files it then works.

However I would have thought these files should be downloaded automatically to each mirror server from the ERA server when they are checking for updates.

I could very well script it but I was just wondering if there was a way to do this within the eset programs.

Also, would PCU work to update from v5 to v6 when it becomes available in our area.

Thank you,

Florian

The mirror server setup works fine for virus signature database updates, however I cannot get it to work for PCU.

I know the program components update are not extremely critical but I just like to keep things up to date.

There are several packages and revisions that the pcu will not work on, and a re-deploy of the newer version to be installed over the top is the route to take.

At least, i'm sure that's the answer. :unsure: