false positive - cannot reach you

Hi, 

My name is Adi and I am a member of the Reputation and Compliance Team at Viber, hxxp://viber.com/ .

Viber for Windows lets you send free messages and make free calls to other Viber users, on any device and network, in any country!

Recently, our support team received reports from a few Viber users complaining that ESET anti-virus is blocking Viber’s installation file after downloading it and doesn’t let our users to install it. The users simply try to download Viber from our website hxxp://viber.com/  and ESET brings up an alert and deletes the installation file.

Link for the VirusTotal scan that shows this site is clean by ALL the antivirus companies – 

https://www.virustotal.com/he/file/23709aa5ca9a1a3b9461061ad60f5762856b09f6ecc6a3afd70f93e94297cf14/analysis/1401952178/ 

I posting it here after i got no answer from you in the last two weeks through samples@eset.com / samples@eset.sk / vendorcomplaints@eset.sk . all we need is to understand what is the problem with our product / installer and see if it is something that can be fixed. 

Viber is a major brand on the Internet and mobile. Needless to say, our reputation is very important to us. We look forward to hearing back from you that the false positive has been removed from your database as soon as possible.

Thank you for your cooperation, 

Adi 
Viber

The problem is the installer is bundled with a toolbar which is causing a detection. It's not really a false positive, considering this is a PUP - potentially unwanted program.

• Administrators

This is not true. The matter has been discussed between ESET and Viber privately until you started to bash ESET publicly, claiming that you nor any of the bundled binaries don't spy on users and recommend your users to uninstall ESET. This was very unprofessional of Viber and ESET responded you privately and publicly that certain information considered by some users sensitive is indeed sent without user's knowledge. You drew attention of the media on Twitter and many IT portals informed about the clash, for instance hxxp://www.neowin.net/news/viber-calls-out-eset-for-flagging-them-eset-responds-with-a-digital-uppercut.

Given that lots of information provided in the initial post is simply misleading to say the least, we'll draw this topic to a close.