Smart Security activation code for AntiVirus?

Go to solution Solved by sky7,

I have purchased a couple ESET Smart security licenses from Newegg.

My question is, can I download an ESET AV installer and use the Smart Security activation code on the AV product?

Yes you can. You can (also) activate the downloaded versions of ESS/NOD32 with the activation key (which is it in your case if I remember correctly) or with the username/password license.

post-3952-0-92536200-1419109564_thumb.png
Edited by rugk

Hi rugk,

Thank you for your helpful reply.

To make sure I made my point correctly... I want to know if I can use the ESS code to activate NOD32 product?

Sounds like that is possible, right?

Just needed to double-check.   :)

• Solution

Hi rugk,

Thank you for your helpful reply.

To make sure I made my point correctly... I want to know if I can use the ESS code to activate NOD32 product?

Sounds like that is possible, right?

Just needed to double-check.   :)

You can use ESET Smart Security activation code to activate ESET NOD32 Antivirus but you cannot use ESET NOD32 Antivirus activation code to activate ESET Smart Security.

Edited by sky7

• Administrators

I'm curious to know why you'd prefer installing ESET NOD32 Antivirus to ESET Smart Security which also includes Botnet protection.

@Marcos

I too. :)

@Page42

Okay, you asked this...

I though you asked whether you can activate the downloaded version with the activation key on the (retail) box too...

I'm curious to know why you'd prefer installing ESET NOD32 Antivirus to ESET Smart Security which also includes Botnet protection.

I figured someone would want to know why.  Simple answer is options.  I want options.

I may not like the ESS firewall.  It's my understanding that the FW has to be installed, and can then only be temporarily disabled, or maybe set to allow all traffic.

Not too sure how well that would fly with another FW, if I wished to continue using Comodo FW, for instance.

There is a good probability that I will install ESS and like the entire suite.  But now I know I have the option of installing only NOD32 and using the ESS activation code.

Hope that satisfies everyone's curiosity.

If you want options then you're completely right with ESS firewall.

There you can even activate the interactive mode and there you will get a notification for every process which is trying to connect somewhere.

And there you can set many options. You can set the local/remote port, ip adresses/subnets and you can even use different profiles, which you can configure that they e.g. switch automatically if your computer connects to another network.

post-3952-0-92338500-1418578392_thumb.png

And BTW you can even disable the firewall of ESS completely and this way it should be possible to use another firewall.