Anyone having issues with windows 10 freezing with eset smart security? I wasn't having any issues until about a week ago. It looks like if i disable HIPS then no more freezing. Just curious if anyone else is running windows 10 and having same issue.

I see, but doing it like that does not work.

You need to have them enabled as long as you want to use pre-release updates. If you disable them then you won't get pre-release updates anymore. 

So you should enable pre-release updates again. :)

Edited by SweX

• Administrators

It shouldn't matter if you have release or pre-release updates selected as modules with support for Windows 10 build 9879 are available on both. Anyways, I wonder if the problem persists with pre-release modules as well. Do you actually use the above mentioned build or which one? Do you have the latest version of ESS v8 installed?

I was just following the instructions were it said to enable pre-release updates, get the update and then go back to regular updates. I have just turned them on and left them on.

Marcos, I am running 9879 and i have eset version 8.0.304.0

Edited by jewelr

I was just following the instructions were it said to enable pre-release updates, get the update and then go back to regular updates.

I think I know what you mean, the enable part end at Step 6. after that the disable instructions begins. Maybe the KB team should split the enable and disable instructions up a bit for clarification.

Edited by SweX

What's the value of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ntbuildllabex ?

I don't see that value under that key??

• Administrators

Probably your Windows 10 didn't install correctly as the value BuildlLabEx must be in the registry and that could also be the reason why HIPS doesn't work. If installing Windows 10 from scratch is an option, please do so.

If i cant get around keeping HIPS enabled because of freezing and blue screening, In your opinion am i better off continuing to run eset with HIPS disabled, or use windows defender?

ESET with HIPS disabled, because Windows defender just don't has something like HIPS or any other advanced protection technology.

And the BSOD occur even with enabled pre-release updates?

Edited by rugk

I was just following the instructions were it said to enable pre-release updates, get the update and then go back to regular updates.

I think I know what you mean, the enable part end at Step 6. after that the disable instructions begins. Maybe the KB team should split the enable and disable instructions up a bit for clarification.

I like this recently added text between Step 6. and Step 7. And also for ECS, Good job  ;) .....

"After your issue is resolved or you no longer need pre-release updates, follow these instructions to switch back to Regular update:"

Edited by SweX

• 3 weeks later...

With the latest build of Windows 10 out HIPS no longer works again.

The HIPS and Anti-Stealth modules will be updated soon to support it.

With the latest build of Windows 10 out HIPS no longer works again.

The HIPS and Anti-Stealth modules will be updated soon to support it.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • ESET Insiders

Hello,

As reported in this thread:
https://forum.eset.com/topic/3993-ask-nod32-v8-running-for-windows-10-tp-build-9926/

New modules are out:

Anti-Stealth-Module: 1069 (20150202)
HIPS: 1160 (20150203)

Hello,

Thanks for the post User. I can confirm that with the mentioned pre-release modules ESET is now running without issues here on Windows 10 TP 9926 Pro 64 bit.