Deployed OVF Template

• 2 weeks later...

Okay I was able to deploy the product successfully and it appears that it is running.  I can log into the management side just fine.  However, I cannot log into the webconsole. It doesn't appear to matter what credentials I use.  I have tried domain credentials and local credentials.  Any thoughts on this?

Similar issue here:

I have a 2012 AD Domain running two Windows 2012 R2 Domain Controllers. If I enter anything in Domain Controller field, the configuration fails. If I leave it blank the appliance finishes its install successfully but then none of domain related features work. Rogue Servers detection feature also doesn’t work.

I wonder if the issue occurs because more than one Service (SRV) records of an LDAP server are returned during Kerberos authentication (there are two DC's). This situation is explained in more details here: hxxp://esupport.trendmicro.com/solution/en-us/1095092.aspx

Are you planning to release a new build any time soon? I agree with someone who said here that this build feels like an early beta, just not labeled as such for some reason...

Okay I was able to deploy the product successfully and it appears that it is running.  I can log into the management side just fine.  However, I cannot log into the webconsole. It doesn't appear to matter what credentials I use.  I have tried domain credentials and local credentials.  Any thoughts on this?

If username "Administrator" and the password that you entered on the config page doesn't work together, you maybe be better off to re-deploy the thing from scratch, the process takes only minutes anyways...

Side question: did you enter anything in domain controller name field or you left it blank?

Hi,

I've been having trouble as well. Trying to deploy on VMWare ESXi 5.5 and I do not have the additional options after "Name and Location" on the set-up procedure. None of the following options show up on the sidebar:

- Name and Location

- Host/Cluster

- Resource Pool

- Network Mapping

- Properties

Storage and Disk Format show up, but without Properties, I cannot specify a hostname or a password. The VM boots up with a blank screen saying press <ENTER> to Enter Management mode. A password prompt pops up and nothing works. I tried a blank password or even 'password' but that did not work.

Similar problem over here on ESXi-5.5.0 with Remote Admin 6.1.21.0. During deployment options, the left sidebar is missing:

Host/Cluster

Resource pool

Properties

I was unable to enter the user/password during the missing Properties step.

When in the console and booting into CentOS, the root user is logged in automatically and then CentOS displays press enter for Management Mode where a password is requested. I do not know the password since a password was not created. Is there a default root password?

post-6447-0-90002800-1423859451_thumb.png

• 6 months later...

I may not have the answer you're looking for. I basically took the all_in_one.iso and configured/installed each module individually. My ERA server is installed on a CentOS 6.5. It wasn't easy or simple and required a lot of debugging. When I originally set it up, I was using the earliest version, the North American version released in December. There was hardly any documentation at the time, so your process could be easier or different due to the later version.

My appliance is up and running, the web console works...but how do I add clients?

Its like they are not being seen?

Will it take some time to populate?

Have you begun deploying Agents to your clients? By default, the Agent Policy is to check in with the server at 20 minute intervals. Sometimes depending on the task, you may need to wait two intervals in order to get a fully complete update.

What do you mean the clients are not being seen? What have you done already?

• Administrators

ERA virtual appliance 6.2 is going to be released within a couple of days. The initial configuration will be done through the web interface instead as properties can currently be configured only if you have vCenter Server with vSphere client, otherwise manual post-install configuration is needed.

Here is the problem

My win 2008 R2 server (VM) which my ERAS was running on ran out of HD space.

I am unable to start the VM now.

I created the ERAS virtual appliance, added my AD computers.

They are all showing up, but showing up as having nothing installed..(I know that they all have ESET RA and ESET Endpoint)

I'm guessing I need to unmanage them (aka uninstall the RA), but I don't know how to do it via a cmd line (preferably silently)

??

I used the same IP addy as it had before...

??

• Administrators

I'd suggest re-deploying agent, e.g. generate an Agent Live installer and deploy it through GPO. Without exporting the CA and Server certificate from the former ERA server, this is the only possible option.

I get the following error when I try and import the old CA

Failed to create certificate: Creating and signing peer certificate failed. Check input parameters for invalid or reserved characters, check certification authority pfx/pkcs12 signing certificate and corresponding password.​