Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Problem:

On Chrome (x64 and x86) when I try to search on Google (via google.com and via link-bar) i get error ERR_CONTENT_DECODING_FAILED. I can open google.com but when I try to search something i get the same error. Sometimes when there was luck I was able to do 1 search and nothing more. Even if I tried refreshing the same search results the problem showed. I suspected that some of my extensions were the problem so I tried going Incognito (with extensions disabled) same problem. I tried updating my Windows 7 the problem persisted. I tried re-installing Chrome same problem.

This problem started showing after upgrading to the new version 8.0.304.0 of the ESET SS.

I started suspecting that it is chrome problem so I reported to the Chrome team and nothing.

So after long frustrations I thought that it is ESET's fault. 

The reason for that crossing my mind was the problem with the Dropbox application that showed right after upgrading to the latest version.

So I disabled the Scanning of 443 ports and viola. The problem disappeared.

Please take care of this problem

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrators

Maybe it's the same issue as that mentioned in https://forum.eset.com/topic/3760-part-of-web-site-blocked/?hl=err_content_decoding_failed. Please check it with the new Internet protection module, when available. In the mean time, you can exclude https://www.google.com* from filtering.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I second that what OP has stated.
I am on Windows 8.1 x64 & while using ESS 8.0.304.0, Google Chrome Browser (x64) is not able to search for any queries neither from the Homepage/Right Click Context menu nor from the Omnibox itself.
The only workaround that I have come across is to Disable the SSL Protection/Scanning for HTTPS links which indeed solves this issue. Developers needs to look into this as SSL Protection/Scanning is known to be interfering with HTTPS links & Windows Update, which infact is a long standing issue & needs to be addressed on priority basis.

 

Now, I am eagerly waiting for the said Internet protection module 1167B which is expected to fix this erroneous behaviour. 
Well, ATM, here's the list of installed components :--

Virus signature database: 10878 (20141215)
Rapid Response module: 5216 (20141215)
Update module: 1055 (20141118)
Antivirus and antispyware scanner module: 1446 (20141208)
Advanced heuristics module: 1153 (20140915)
Archive support module: 1215 (20141106)
Cleaner module: 1102 (20141112)
Anti-Stealth support module: 1067 (20141210)
Personal firewall module: 1254 (20141201)
Antispam module: 1029 (20141103)
ESET SysInspector module: 1245 (20141028)
Real-time file system protection module: 1009 (20130301)
Translation support module: 1273 (20141008)
HIPS support module: 1155 (20141127)
Internet protection module: 1165B (20141128)
Web content filter module: 1036 (20140625)
Advanced antispam module: 1990 (20141215)
Database module: 1061 (20141124)
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

same problem here on two PC. So i reported this issue 5 weeks ago to the german eset support and they told me that it is a compressing problem of my chrome browser. :angry: ......and ESS has nothing to do with it.

But its nice to know that Eset will fix this now and i´m not stupid.  :rolleyes:

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...