This computer is not running genuine Windos

Installed the trial version of ESET Smart Security 8.0.  Shortly after installation I see a pop up screen "Windows Activation Technologies", with the message that This computer is not running genuine Windows.  When I try to resolve online, I'm instructed to purchase. However, my Windows is genuine and has been for over 3 years.  It is only after installing ESET Smart Security then I received this message.  Could be a coincidence, but I'm thinking the problem has to do with ESET.  Anyone else here experience this problem?

Thanks

Peter

• Administrators

If it has something to do with ESET, then the only reason that occurs me is that ESET detected and removed an activation crack which contradicts with your statement that your Windows is genuine.

If it has something to do with ESET, then the only reason that occurs me is that ESET detected and removed an activation crack which contradicts with your statement that your Windows is genuine.

Hello and welcome Peter.

To see if you're running genuine Windows, see the link below:

hxxp://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/genuine

Thanks Marcos and Tom,

My Windows is genuine (I don't use any pirated software or cracks).  I uninstalled ESET and rebooted.  Validated my Windows using the Activate by Phone process. All working well now.

Peter

You haven't said what Windows you use. :D

I think this is quite important for this issue.

Also I think this issue has nothing to do with ESET - expect of the explanation Marcos gave - but if you say you validated it by phone then it should be valid.

However what happens when you try the validation when you reinstall ESS?