Part of Web Site Blocked

I have recently upgraded from Win 7 to Win 8.1 on my desktop. I installed Smart Security 8 but have a problem with one Web Site.

I can connect to www.visualmicro.com using chrome with no issues, but if I then select forums www.visualmicro.com/forums I get the following:

This webpage is not available

The webpage at hxxp://www.visualmicro.com/forums/ might be temporarily down ot it may have moved permanently yo a new web address

Error Code ERR_CONTENT_DECODING_FAILED

I get similar messages from Firefox and IE9 as well.

BUT, if I uninstall ESET the problem goes away for all browsers.

Reinstalling ESET and the problem returns.

If I just Temporarily disable protection the forums remain blocked.

To make this even more bizzare I have windows 8.1 on my Laptop with ESET and there is NO problem accessing the forums at all.

I have tried excluding the address from filtering but to no avail. It appears that ESET is introducing something into the system to cause the problem at a deeper level, can anyone help solve the problem?

Thanks 

Funny you should ask!

I just uninstalled v8 and went back to v7 and everything is good. However I am still using v8 on my laptop and it is working just fine.

Thanks Peter, seems that there is at least one other user of the visual micro forums has just had the same issue start with firefox after having access for some time. 

Well, things are going from bad to worse, my laptop that had been working fine with Win 8.1 ESS 8 now refuses to connect to the forum site mentioned above, having successfully connected for the last couple of months. Guess another computer will be reverting to ESS 7

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

the issue will be fixed in next Internet protection module (probably 1167B).

I will let you know, when the module will available for download.

Please let other users experiencing this issue link to this thread.

Thank you for reporting this issue to us.

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

Internet protection module 1167 is now available on pre-release servers. Please repeat the test with current pre-release modules.

Internet protection module 1167 is now available on pre-release servers. Please repeat the test with current pre-release modules.

OP hasn't been online since Dec 16...but hopefully OP comes back at some point.