Threats not found by Nod32

joem

Dear,

My friend faced the following problem:

When he plug his USB flash memory, all his files changes into shortcuts.

He uses nod32 v7; we scanned his pc a couple of times and no threats was found.

Did a little bit of research and used usbfix which found 22 threats, cleaned them and usb got no more problem.

Pls advise.

Thank you

Joe

• Administrators

You wrote that the issue has been fixed. Do you still need further assistance? If you think that the computer / usb flash memory is still infected, please contact samples[at]eset.com and supply the output of running ESET Log Collector.

You wrote that the issue has been fixed. Do you still need further assistance? If you think that the computer / usb flash memory is still infected, please contact samples[at]eset.com and supply the output of running ESET Log Collector.

Dear Marcos,

Yeah, the issue is solved but since I advise my friends and clients to use Nod32, I need to understand why nod32 did not detect those threats.

Thank you

• Administrators

We'd need to get the suspicious files for analysis. It's a matter of fact that no antivirus detects 100% of threats but even according to independent test, ESET is one of the few antivirus programs that miss least threats.

Another question is if the latest version of the ESET program was installed, fully updated and if all protection features were enabled. Also we'd need to check the configuration to rule out the possibility that the program was misconfigured (e.g. if unsafe exclusions were used).