Modules update failed - Update authorization failed. Please check if your license is valid

Go to solution Solved by DaLiu,

Hello,

We are using 6 computers under 1 license and all of them are getting the same error "Modules update failed - Update authorization failed. Please check if your license is valid" since yesterday evening (7 June 2023), we opened a support ticket and the reply was: 

Good day,
We apologize for the complications. We experienced a global service outage today which should be resolved this evening. The problem arose in connection with communication with servers for verifying license data. We would like to assure you that our colleagues are dedicating their maximum efforts to solving this situation.
In these circumstances, no further action needs to be taken on your part. Now we ask for your patience and understanding. We are very sorry that you encountered this inconvenience, and therefore thank you for your willingness and understanding.
Once again, we apologize and wish you a nice day

Yana Maschler
L1 technical support coordinator

Its already 11 PM and the problem is still not solved.

image.png.6cf60e859c526b97cd5bef7aa65ce9cd.png

• ESET Moderators

Hello @DaLiu

I can confirm, that yesterday there were issues with the Multi-device security packs.
Those were resolved so the issue should not occur anymore, can you please confirm?

We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Peter

• Solution

Yes, I did more investigation after i posted my issue and I found some recommandation to change this settings and it worked for all the computers, I changed to "Do not use proxy server" and the update started right away.

image.png.0d42268a3d5eca2c26322276b6652a3a.png