Internet Access fails about 70% of the time for Eset Updates, Live Grid, and Many Internet Sites.

Go to solution Solved by cutting_edgetech,

• ESET Insiders

Internet access is failing for Eset Internet Security Updates, Live Grid, and most Internet Sites with EIS 16.1.14.0. I recently formed my computer and installed EIS 16.1.14.0, and the Firewall is set to Automatic Mode. I will be changing the Firewall to Interactive Mode after I resolve my internet connection issue.  Where do I send my Eset Logs to, and what log settings should I use? I believe Eset Firewall may be the culprit. 

Below are my OS Stats.

Edition    Windows 10 Pro
Version    22H2
Installed on    ‎5/‎28/‎2023
OS build    19045.3031
Experience    Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19041.1000.0

Did you verify that you had full Internet connectivity prior to installing Eset? If not, temporarily uninstall Eset and test for full Internet connectivity to rule out it's not an Eset issue.

Edited by itman

• ESET Insiders

The Internet was working fine before I installed Eset. The problem started shortly after installing Eset. I tried changing my DNS to Google and that did not help, so I switched my DNS back to my ISP. I was trying to visit a popular news website just now and the connection kept timing out. I disabled the Firewall by right clicking on the try icon and the website loaded instantly. I will start disabling the Firewall each time i'm unable to access a website. If disabling the firewall allows me to access the website, then I can be pretty certain that Eset is the problem.

• ESET Insiders

It seems that simply disabling and reenabling Eset's Firewall fixes the problem with the connection timing out for Eset Updates, Live Grid, and Webpages.  I'm now able to visit all the webpages that I have been trying to visit all day, Eset finally updated, and Live Grid is working again. I was just restarting the computer to resolve the problem before this. I will just disable and restart Eset's Firewall until the problem can be identified and fixed.

Check Microsoft Security Center right after system startup and verify its Firewall settings are the same as shown in the below screen shot:

Eset_MSC.thumb.png.71bd05d41c2d1078b95d83a0e87163ba.png

• ESET Insiders
  • Solution

My settings in Security Center were the same as yours.

I guess this thread will serve no purpose now that I am participating in Eset Insiders again, so I am going to mark it resolved for now. I am beta testing the latest alpha build of ESS since they finally decided to do a major overhaul of a certain features that looked horrid to me, and I was very outspoken about it for quite some time.  I don't think I can say much about it due to the None Disclosure Agreement. The changes they made was not what I was expecting, but it looks much better than what is currently being used. I think you will like the changes.

Edited by cutting_edgetech