Do I need another Malware Program?

Hi,  I have used Eset products for as long as I can remember and never had a problem with them.

However, I have been advised to install MalwareBytes by a friend to run alongside SmartSecurity Premium.

My question is, is there any benefit to having MalwareBytes running alongside my Eset Program?

• Administrators

You could install a 2nd opinion scanner, just make sure that the security software has real-time protection turned off and doesn't install any driver that might clash with ESET.

9 hours ago, Marcos said:

and doesn't install any driver that might clash with ESET.

How exactly a regular user can make sure the second scanner "doesn't install any driver that might clash with ESET." ???

12 hours ago, rotaru said:

How exactly a regular user can make sure the second scanner "doesn't install any driver that might clash with ESET." ???

You can't other than by trial and errot testing. However, certain security products that only function as on-demand scanners such as HitMan Pro, Norton Power Eraser, etc.. are "safe bets." Also, you can always use set Microsoft Defender to periodic scanning mode.

• 2 weeks later...

I have read and heard many times that Malwarebytes anti-malware plays well with ESET products.

Is this so? And does this mean Malwarebytes can also run real-time with ESET running real-time or should Malwarebytes only be run manually?

Thoughts?

39 minutes ago, opti1 said:

I have read and heard many times that Malwarebytes anti-malware plays well with ESET products.

Is this so? And does this mean Malwarebytes can also run real-time with ESET running real-time or should Malwarebytes only be run manually?

Thoughts?

It is not advisable to use two real-time security products, in that case it is better to use MalwareBytes disabled the real-time option, because it can conflict with any antivirus, slowing down your machine.