Smart Security blocking Emsisoft updates

After co-existing happily ESET  (v8 Smart Security) has suddenly started to block Emsisoft Anti Malware update files which are similar to this: c:\windows\temp\tmp000049b8\tmp0000040 (the folder and file names change each time).

I've set up a wildcard exclusion in NOD32 to no avail and I've submitted some of the update files to you, as well as raising a support request with Emsisoft - but so far no response.

Any suggestions please?

• Administrators

I've tried updating Emsisoft AM with v8 installed and didn't encounter any issues. Did you get an alert from v8 during the update? If so, please post a screen shot of the alert.

Solved thanks. I've had a reply from Emsisoft that resolves this.

"The files are created during the quarantine re-scan. You can either empty your quarantine in EAM, disable the automatic quarantine re-scan (Settings/General) or exclude a2service.exe from your existing anti-virus software. "

Solved thanks. I've had a reply from Emsisoft that resolves this.

"The files are created during the quarantine re-scan. You can either empty your quarantine in EAM, disable the automatic quarantine re-scan (Settings/General) or exclude a2service.exe from your existing anti-virus software. "

Having more than 1 active AV is usually Not recommended, as they actually can cancel each other out (trying to access the file..., at the same time!)-

I installed free on-demand Emsisoft Emergency Kit, and have no conflict issues.