Improvement suggestions

Guest Alpha1

Hello, I would first like to thanks for ESET's global efforts and commitment to advancing protection.
I would like to bring up just two points that could be better in my view:

The first would be that the Technical Support areas could really better understand our demands and provide direct information, but really answering what we asked. I understand that forwarding database links is useful but I believe that support should play the role of guiding and supporting the effective resolution of the issue. They should also monitor all tickets as this is not the first time that I have seen paid solution customers need to resort to the forum.

The forum translates a level of quality and brings information sometimes that even support is not able to bring. I just think that because it's a paid product, support should play its role within the organization and with other sectors. There is support on the phone that has already said that a failure problem was the developers' problem and not his. (the communication I made putting my point of view was never answered by support and I don't expect it to do so anymore).

The second point is related to scheduled maintenance or service interruptions. I hardly see an official response from ESET as to whether it brings any benefit, especially when some product module may become unavailable or not working properly. Why not offer extra days on the license or even offer a discount on the next license renewal?

After all, the biggest problem is that you get frustrated without adequate support, failing to use the product as it should be and then the answer is: sorry for the inconvenience, the problem was on the server. I believe that excellence is a process of recognizing failures and working focused to maintain the experience that is cited as Legendary.

PS: And a doubt, to reinstall the product when we reinstall the operating system again on the same device, just download and log into the ESET HOME system right? But by doing this even though it's the same device, will ESET count as usage on a new device or excessive license usage? What are the correct steps to take?

Thank you for your attention, I hope this helps to improve the GLOBAL experience.

• Administrators

I'm very sorry for your bad experience with technical support. In order for us to investigate if your case was handled by technical support properly, please provide your ticket number as well as your public license ID in the form of XXX-XXX-XXX. Unfortunately you have posted anonymously so I have no way to find your local ESET distributor and license. I can assure you that our goal is to provide as good support as possible.

The second point is related to scheduled maintenance or service interruptions. I hardly see an official response from ESET as to whether it brings any benefit, especially when some product module may become unavailable or not working properly.

ESET services can be monitored at https://status.eset.com/.

Why not offer extra days on the license or even offer a discount on the next license renewal?

I for one am not aware of a software company that would give you extra months for free, e.g. if you purchase a 1-year update/plan you could update the product for 1 year and x additional months for free.