Disable Product Update (Disable Upgrade To Latest Version)

• Administrators

First of all, make sure that the product is activated. Then supply me with exported configuration so that I can check your program settings.

im sorry

now antivirus has been updated

hxxp://s1.xum.ir/2014/11/19/a.1.png

in this picture you see a button with name check for updates (in product update section)

now i use from eset version 7 and i dont want update eset to version 8 and i want when i click in this button [  check for updates (in product update section)  ] antivirus dont check latest version and show that for new version....

What I do???

Thanks

Edited by r2du-soft

• Administrators

You can disable checking for newer program versions in Scheduler. However, we don't recommend doing so. One day v7 will update automatically to the latest version available but this won't happen any time soon.

This kb article describes what to do to activate the automatic product updates. Of course you have to do the contrary thing to disable the updates:

How do I configure ESET Smart Security or ESET NOD32 Antivirus to regularly check for the latest product version?

now i use from eset version 7 and i dont want update eset to version 8 and i want when i click in this button [  check for updates (in product update section)  ] antivirus dont check latest version and show that for new version....

What I do???

Thanks

If you don't want to update from V7 to V8 then just stay away from that button and you'll be fine  :)

thanks all friends

but we must find a way ...

eset 7 installed in some pc of a company,and i must in every way disable that button,because staff sometimes push that button.....

You can't disable this button as it in the home version of ESS. However if someone who has no admin rights pushes this button, he won't be able to install the new version, but he will get a notification about the newest version.

Another thing you can try is this:

post-3952-0-67197500-1416409617_thumb.png

Set the "Program component update" to "Never update program components" and disable (like already said) the option "Regularly check for latest product version".

But generally: When you're running a company, I would suggest you to use the business solutions from ESET. They are not only cheaper (for more computer), but you also get an ESET Remote Administrator (ERA) where you can manage all the settings of your clients from one computer.

I assume there are more ways to disable the product update (button).

Edited by rugk

• Administrators
But generally: When you're running a company, I would suggest you to use the business solutions from ESET. They are not only cheaper (for more computer), but you also get an ESET Remote Administrator (ERA) where you can manage all the settings of your clients from one computer.

As far as I know, companies from the US are not allowed to sell to Iran so this won't be an option.

As far as I know, companies from the US are not allowed to sell to Iran so this won't be an option.

Okay, as you know normal users can't see which country another user has selected. So I didn't knew this.

BTW @r2du-soft What is the reasons why you don't want to upgrade to v8?

And if you really want to stay with v7 you could at least upgrade to the latest v7 release. There were (also) some bug fixes in it.

Edited by rugk

Okay, as you know normal users can't see which country another user has selected. So I didn't knew this.

Yea that's how it is. Not so easy then.  :)

Regarding "Regularly check for latest product version" it is disabled by default, at least it was for me.

Regarding "Regularly check for latest product version" it is disabled by default, at least it was for me.

Yes, it's disabled by default, but anyway he could enabled it at a particular time. :)

but anyway he could enabled it at a particular time. :)

Yeah he could have done that  :)

• Most Valued Members

To protect the settings from being messed with by the uninformed button pushers there is this in the help file:

ESET Smart Security settings are a crucial part of your security policy. Unauthorized modifications can potentially endanger the stability and protection of your system. To password protect your setup parameters, from the main menu click Setup > Enter advanced setup... > User interface > Access setup, select Password protect settings and click Set password. Note that your password is case-sensitive.

Require full administrator rights for limited administrator accounts – Select this to prompt the current user (if he or she does not have administrator rights) to enter an administrator username and password when modifying certain system parameters (similar to the User Account Control (UAC) in Windows Vista and Windows 7). Such modifications include disabling protection modules or turning off the firewall.  On Windows XP systems where UAC is not running, users will have the Require administrator rights (system without UAC support) option available.

Edited by SCR

Thanks all friends

i see a way! but i have a problem...

i change PackageFeatures value number, now i see section offline update show and section product update hide!

There is no way that section offline update is hide and product update hide?!

Regards

Edited by r2du-soft