[bug] .Net Framework 2.0/3.5 feature install does not work on Windows 11 until ESET uninstalled

• ESET Insiders

I had a problem where I couldn't get .net Framework 2.0/3.5 feature installed on the latest Windows 11 build when ESET Smart Security Premium installed. The resulting error was always 0x800f0922. I tried several fixes such as deleting the windows update content, restarting services, using Microsoft troubleshooter tools with no luck. Only when I took the final action of uninstalling ESET did the installation work.

• Administrators

Searching for "0x800f0922" yields mainly results pointing to a problem with insufficient free disk size to install Windows update.  Please raise a support ticket if you have plenty of disk space.

• ESET Insiders

I can tell you disk space is definitely not an issue here. I just don't have the means to quickly see if I can replicate the issue on other system. Just that trying 7 or 8 other solutions to resolve the issue failed until I uninstalled ESET.

What is the best way to raise a ticket?

Screenshot 2023-05-18 230505.png

• Administrators

You can raise a support ticket by opening the troubleshooting wizard via Help and support -> Technical support. The option to raise a ticket will be available in the 3rd or 4th step when going through it.

image.png