Network Inspector

Marinos

Simply put, a Network Inspector scan when run will identify all devices registered by your router and determine if they are within the IP address range assigned by the router for your local network. If it finds devices that are not within that range, it will alert you to that fact. Additionally, Network Inspector will scan identified devices for security issues such as missing or weak passwords, etc..

Edited by itman

1 minute ago, itman said:

Simply put, a Network Inspector scan when run will identify all devices registered by your router and determine if they are within the IP address range assigned by the router for your local network. If it finds devices that are not within that range, it will alert you to that fact. Additionally, Network Inspector will scan identified devices for security issues such as missing or weak passwords, etc..

I have an infected laptop connected and upnp is on if something had happened already would it be shown?

1 minute ago, Marinos said:

I have an infected laptop connected and upnp is on if something had happened already would it be shown?

No.

1 hour ago, Marinos said:

Why not?

Per the Eset Network Inspector knowledge base article linked previously;

• Does ESET Technical Support provide support for routers?
    No. ESET Technical Support cannot provide support for non-ESET products, including routers. It may be necessary to consult support resources for your router or contact your internet service provider if you lease or own a device they provided, to resolve certain issues within your home network.

• What do I do if my router is compromised?
    Protect your router before an attack occurs. If you receive a notification that your router has been compromised, contact your internet service provider for additional assistance.

Again, all Network Inspector does is scan your router for vulnerabilities.

Eset other security protections such as its Network Protections are designed to protect you against malicious Internet based threats.

Edited by itman