Help to find locate JS.Banker.IV

Hi

I'm new here, and a novice, my Hosting company couldn't locate the Trojan on my website and has requested me to assist by requesting information to locating it by the forum.

My site is a prestashop 1.7.8.2

The problem was found by a customer who was running ESET on her system.

JS.Banker.IV  Trojan.  Was flagged by ESET.

Where and how can the code be identified and removed please.

Many thanks in advance.

Karl

Edited by Karl P
Additional information

How to inform You about URL site ? I have the same problem with Prestashop 1.7.7.x

One domain on VPS serwer is infected, secound with the same version are not infected.... how it is posible ?

I have another problem with ESET software. Customer haved problem with js.Banker.IV when he wants to enter in cart site, but I dont have any problem with this site. I install trial version ESET Smart Security and nothing to see. Site working fine. 

Why my customer haved problem with my site, but I dont have this problem?

• Administrators

The detection is correct. However, we don't have such infected web server at disposal in order to tell where exactly the malware could be hiding. It could be in a CMS db, in a plain or encrypted form, etc. If you provide the website url, we could at least tell you a part of the malicious code that might help you locate the malicious JS (or not, e.g. if it's encrypted on the server).

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, Maciej said:

I see only thats on raport (screen).

That's because you have checked if the website is blacklisted by other AVs but it doesn't tell anything about malware in files that are on the website. If a website gets compromised and malware is injected, the whole domain usually doesn't get blacklisted.

53 minutes ago, Maciej said:

Why my customer haved problem with my site, but I dont have this problem?

Because you do not have control over logic who gets infected content and who not. The attacker has. And often if the (malicious) script finds out you are logged in WordPress as admin, you get to see only the clean version. But there are more tactics like how many times you visited the page, how much time elapsed from your previous visit, if your IP is on some kind of blacklist etc etc.