ESET Endpoint Antivirus for Linux 10 BETA

• ESET Moderators

Hello @Dai Tomiyama,

4 hours ago, Dai Tomiyama said:

We too are in the process of downloading the build and checking out the new features.
I have one question, we have a test environment where we are getting modules from a mirror tool.

I am referring to the "ep10" folder since the EEAU version is 10, but the module has not been distributed and I am not able to update the module via the mirror tool.
Will this be distributed soon?

Sorry if I am posting to the wrong place.

The EEAU 10 BETA updates from http://update.eset.com/eset_upd/businesslinux it uses the modules in a DAT format (64 bit).

The EEAU 10 BETA should be able to update via the mirror, if properly configured.

see https://help.eset.com/protect_install/10.0/en-US/mirror_tool_windows.html for example 

image.png

Peter

• ESET Moderators
17 minutes ago, azeu666 said:

I am referring to: "please enable the diagnostics logging via a policy (as shown on the attached screenshot), reproduce the issue, collect the logs and revert the logging verbosity to the previous value. "

How am I to accomplish the abovr?

Via a policy for ESET Endpoint for Linux (V7+) configured by means of ESET PROTECT

I assume you use the ESET PROTECT to mange your endpoints, right? 

image.png.bf7a753a8439657b46d1885b606eca

Peter

2 minutes ago, Peter Randziak said:

Via a policy for ESET Endpoint for Linux (V7+) configured by means of ESET PROTECT

I assume you use the ESET PROTECT to mange your endpoints, right? 

image.png.bf7a753a8439657b46d1885b606eca

Peter

I do not have ESET PROTECT to mange endpoints.

I have Eset Endpoint Antivirus.

• ESET Moderators

Hello @azeu666,

3 minutes ago, azeu666 said:

I do not have ESET PROTECT to mange endpoints.

O.K., so please configure the logging verbosity locally as per https://help.eset.com/eeau/10/en-US/?idh_config_logs.html 

image.png

Peter

Hi,

I test also this version and, i don't find the PROTECTION menu on may ERA console.

How i can add this menu, it is linked with my license ?

Thank for your help

ksnip_20230518-232436.png

On 5/16/2023 at 7:52 PM, Peter Randziak said:

Hello @Dai Tomiyama,

The EEAU 10 BETA updates from hxxp://update.eset.com/eset_upd/businesslinux it uses the modules in a DAT format (64 bit).

The EEAU 10 BETA should be able to update via the mirror, if properly configured.

see https://help.eset.com/protect_install/10.0/en-US/mirror_tool_windows.html for example 

image.png

Peter

Hello Peter,

Thank you for providing the information on the mirror tool.

We immediately tried using the Windows mirror tool and successfully updated the module without any problems.

I am wondering when the online help was updated and would like to verify things.

So far I have not found anything wrong with the functionality around web access protection.

Thank you.

Hello,

Can you confirm the version of ESET PROTECT that manages EEAU10 as it is not mentioned in the online help, etc.?

Not all of our clients have the latest EP, so we are checking with EP version 9.0 or later, will the information be available soon?

Of course we understand that it is best practice to use the most up-to-date EP as well.

Please let us know if you have any information on this question, as it is one that we actually get asked frequently by our clients.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, so I've just upgraded to the new Beta 10 of Endpoint Antivirus (former NOD32 user here).

I know I'm late to the party, but I'd like to share a few suggestions about the missing components in the UI which would be nice if they were added to make it more usable.

1) Full System Scan

currently the menu only allows people to perform a custom scan or a removable media scan, however there's no button for a full system scan. It would be nice to have one so that users can trigger a full system scan (which is one of the most used features in any antivirus) without having to insert the path manually.

2) Add a scan progress in terms of bar or percentage like we had in ESET NOD32 so that users are gonna be able to know how long it's gonna take to perform the scan and at what point of the scan the system is.

3) In the three lines menu (top right), add an option to view files that are currently in quarantine. This will allow users to view which files the antivirus considered as malicious and either delete them forever OR restore them.

4) In the three lines menu (top right), add an option to add exceptions. Perhaps the antivirus detects some unsigned executable as malicious and blocks them, however it might as well be just a development version of a program meant to be tested or whatever, so users should have a way of whitelisting some paths and/or individual files.

5) Scheduled scan. Some devices might be running overnight, therefore it would be sensible to be able to schedule some scans on them when they're not in use, like during the night. In other words, it would be nice to have an option to schedule scans on a particular time of the day or perhaps just on some days etc.

6) Sensibility. It would be nice to be able to adjust the antivirus sensibility and either raise it or lower it according to what the user might wanna do and what the box it's running on is supposed to do.

7) In the about section, a license is shown, however it would be nice to show how long that license is gonna last and when it's supposed to expire, so that the user can see it at a glance.

• 2 weeks later...
  • ESET Moderators

Hello @Dai Tomiyama,

On 5/24/2023 at 3:17 AM, Dai Tomiyama said:

Can you confirm the version of ESET PROTECT that manages EEAU10 as it is not mentioned in the online help, etc.?

Not all of our clients have the latest EP, so we are checking with EP version 9.0 or later, will the information be available soon?

Of course we understand that it is best practice to use the most up-to-date EP as well.

Please let us know if you have any information on this question, as it is one that we actually get asked frequently by our clients.

Yes the older, but still supported versions of ESET PROTECT can be used to manage even the new products, thanks to updates of the Configuration module.

Peter

• 4 weeks later...
  • Most Valued Members

Is there any newer version available? so I can test again?

I'm afraid to install again and lose access to local network addresses and lose access to FortiClient.

Can I try again ?

• ESET Moderators

Hello guys,

as the ESET Endpoint Antivirus for Linux 10 bas been released as a GA, let me thank you for your participation in this BETA program and the feedback provided.

Peter on behalf of the teams involved

• 4 months later...
  • Most Valued Members

Sorry posting here but I can't reply to announcement of version and I think it's not worth of creating a new topic.

but in the new version it have this

FIXED: Various Web access protection issues

Is VPN one of them ?

Edit : No still doesn't work.

Edited by Nightowl