system restore fail eset bug

hello admin and eset community today i am reporting an error or maybe a bug i cannot do a system restore even when eset is disabled for 1 hour the pc would start with a notification of restore fail?esetfail.thumb.png.b9a463601ce22fb6eeb26ee897a20be5.png

34 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Does temporarily disabling self-defense or the whole HIPS followed by a reboot make a difference? Don't forget to re-enable it afterwards.

thank you sir marcos for the response however i no longer want to continue further with system restore as i have fix some bug in my laptop with screen not turning off i am worried going to do some restore will undo the bug that i have fix but i will surely try this in the future thank you very much.

When Eset is installed, System Restore needs to be run from Win Safe mode as noted here: https://support.eset.com/en/kb2399-using-windows-system-restore-to-resolve-issues-with-windows-eset-corruption-or-malware .

Personally, I recommend running System Restore from Win 10/11 Recovery Environment. I have never had a System Restore failure this way plus it runs faster.

Edited by itman