Exclude a specific process from detection

Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

Hello,
I am new to these forums and hope this thread is posted in the right section. Anyways let's move on. I have ESET Nod32 Antivirus, and when opening one "Tool that attaches to a specific game/app," the .exe is fine. But as soon as I open the game/app, ESET detects something and requires me to do a PC restart Now or Later and also clears the detection instantly, making the tool I want to use simply unusable. I want to allow the associated process or whatever else it is running from the said .exe instead of completely disabling ESET whenever I want to use it. Sometimes ESET does not detect things when they are bad/malicious. Sometimes, ESET thinks/detects stuff that is bad/malicious, while it's not (at least for me). I want to allow the said process (on my own risk), but it's impossible when I click it in the log to restore/exclude (only can view more detailed information). I tried to exclude the exe in multiple places (files exclusion and deep behavior exclusions) but still nothing.

Time;Scanner;Object type;Object;Detection;Action;User;Information;Hash;First seen here
3.5.2023 г. 12:22:50;Advanced memory scanner;file;Operating memory » RuntimeBroker.exe(9148);a variant of Win64/Agent_AGen.EE trojan; contained infected files (after the next restart);;;681A3787BA95124581207AC11D15EA47B4BD253D;

Any ideas?

• Administrators

We'll adjust the detection and change it to riskware / game hack for which you can then create a detection exclusion based on the detection name.

Yeah, thanks. If I have to provide more information about this game hack/riskware would be awesome because it's pain to disable ESET every time and restart my PC.

@Marcos, I still can't figure out how to exclude it. I can see only the following options (Filter, Copy, Delete, Export, Find, and More details). Maybe the new detection can be restored and excluded when the process is reopened? This context menu that I listed was when I tried to click on one of the old detection logs, where the actual process/file is no longer available because deleted already.

• Administrators
  • Solution

A detection exclusion like this should work (Detection engine -> Exclusions -> Detection exclusions):

image.png