Live Grid unreachable - All of a sudden

Dear all,

This just happened. Any clues?
Also, earlier today i found two unknown users in the "Security" tab of the C drive. After checking the two SIDs i removed them. One didn't reappear, the other reappeared. ESET kept working also after a reboot and the issue below occurred randomly about 10 hours later, while watching videos. No other events detected.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Brief edit: This seems to be fixed, all alone. I'd still like to know whether the issue was on the ESET side.

E.

egui_0pEYCLrumI.jpg

Edited by PassingBy

• Administrators

Since we are not aware of any issues on our end, we'd need advanced logs from time when the issue occurs for perusal. To enable advanced logging, navigate to Help and support -> Technical support and enable advanced logging.

8 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Since we are not aware of any issues on our end, we'd need advanced logs from time when the issue occurs for perusal. To enable advanced logging, navigate to Help and support -> Technical support and enable advanced logging.

Done. Do you collect automatically?

• Administrators

You can upload it here but I'd recommend opening a support ticket as well so that the case is properly tracked and logs be checked by developers.

6 minutes ago, Marcos said:

You can upload it here but I'd recommend opening a support ticket as well so that the case is properly tracked and logs be checked by developers.

Thanks Marcos,

Opening a ticket from the support gets me through the Knowledge Base and the usual drill and there seems to be no easy way to open a ticket with a human operator. I understand why it's done but it proves impossible to get to open a ticket fast. I wish it was just as easy as "Open a ticket" straight from the UI of ESET.

I'd prefer not to upload in public here, if at all possible.

• Administrators

The attachments here are accessible only by ESET staff. As for opening a support ticket, it's quite easy. Open https://support.eset.com, click Contact technical support at the bottom:

image.png

Then select Home or Business -> Other issue -> Other -> "No, I still need help. Contact technical support" and fill in the form.

image.png

1 minute ago, Marcos said:

The attachments here are accessible only by ESET staff. As for opening a support ticket, it's quite easy. Open https://support.eset.com, click Contact technical support at the bottom:

image.png

Then select Home or Business -> Other issue -> Other -> "No, I still need help. Contact technical support" and fill in the form.

image.png

There it is. Will re-try the ticket, too.

Thanks

eis_logs.zip

17 minutes ago, Marcos said:

image.png

image.png

As to the ticket: 1) The log is too big to be uploaded. 2) As i was completing the process the below occurred. I guess i won't try a second time as it's too lenghty.

Thanks in advance for any help you may provide based on the log.

eset8Ya4YyO9JF.jpg

• Administrators

I don't see any obvious errors logged, everything seems to be ok as long as direct cloud communication is concerned.

What I would recommend is changing the logging verbosity to Information from Diagnostic and deleting C:\ProgramData\ESET\ESET Security\Logs\hipslog.dat in safe mode which has grown to 226 MB already.

Also I see a lot of connections closed by server 111.249.134.80 which appears to be located in Taiwan. However, this is not any of ESET's servers and should not have any correlation with the LiveGrid issue.

18 minutes ago, Marcos said:

I don't see any obvious errors logged, everything seems to be ok as long as direct cloud communication is concerned.

What I would recommend is changing the logging verbosity to Information from Diagnostic and deleting C:\ProgramData\ESET\ESET Security\Logs\hipslog.dat in safe mode which has grown to 226 MB already.

Also I see a lot of connections closed by server 111.249.134.80 which appears to be located in Taiwan. However, this is not any of ESET's servers and should not have any correlation with the LiveGrid issue.

The IP is reportedly my provider. It is Taiwan. That is one of the reasons why i have been posting more frequently of late. Geographic position and other factors, add up to the strange behaviors of machines and networks. If you recall i posted a while ago on strange IP behaviors. I still have those. I waste considerable amounts of time monitoring those. Last but not least, i have someone who tries daily to find the password of one of my email accounts through repeated attempts to login. He managed to open a Venmo account without being able to access my email and despite me deleting the confirmation emails i got from Venmo. He probably did through social engineering. Bottom line, i am having a quite stormy period with threats and when the AV behaves like that i like to know what is going on.
I will skip the ticket. It's just too troublesome.

But thanks for the feedback.

E.

I have two users who are reporting intermittent Livegrid servers cannot be reached errors, the messages disappear by themselves after a while but then come back. Been going on for maybe a week, I haven't had time to look into it properly yet. These are on different licences, different locations.

Hello, I also had this bug a few days ago, I think it is  connection problem with Eset servers, however after disabling and re-enabling "Livegrid" the problem no longer occurred.

Regards

• Administrators
On 5/4/2023 at 11:03 AM, PuterCare said:

I have two users who are reporting intermittent Livegrid servers cannot be reached errors, the messages disappear by themselves after a while but then come back. Been going on for maybe a week, I haven't had time to look into it properly yet. These are on different licences, different locations.

We would need to check advanced logs created at the time when the error occurs. EU LiveGrid servers have been up and running 100% recently so the issue must have been somewhere between the user and the IPS or between users' ISP and ESET servers.