Warning push notification server can't be reached

Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

Well in another forum I wrote about a warning from eset that I couldn't read because it was disappearing too fast. Today I managed to read it and in English I think it is translated as "The push notifications server couldn't be reached". This problem though happens for only 5 seconds after the boot if the laptop. Is that normal?

• Administrators

Sounds like it takes long to establish a communication channel with EPNS servers. Advanced logs as well as a pcap log with the network communication captured will be needed. Please raise a support ticket for further investigation.

9 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Sounds like it takes long to establish a communication channel with EPNS servers. Advanced logs as well as a pcap log with the network communication captured will be needed. Please raise a support ticket for further investigation.

I don't know how to raise a ticket but it is normal isn't it? Also it doesn't take 5 seconds its almost immediately 

• Administrators

The notification is displayed after several minutes of unsuccessful attempts to establish a connection. Without logs it's impossible to tell more.

9 minutes ago, Marcos said:

The notification is displayed after several minutes of unsuccessful attempts to establish a connection. Without logs it's impossible to tell more.

No the notification in my situation is displayed after the boot of my laptop and only for 1 second after that it is solved. Now should that happen or not?  Should the push notifications servers be reached all the time ?

11 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Do understand what actually happens I will explain in the simplest words so it's more easy for me:

Me open laptop. Notification from windows. Yellow triangle. It's about eset. Me upset. Me read it. Me okay after seeing that my eset product has the green tick and everything is fine. Me ask forum though for further information about why this happens.

24 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Also the last quote I did was not suppose to humiliate you by any means but I don't know how to express myself in English as I'm from greece 

• Administrators

Please carry on as follows:

1. Enable advanced logging under Help and support -> Technical support
  2. Reboot the machine
  3. Stop logging after the notification appears
  4. Collect logs with ESET Log Collector and upload the generated archive here.

3 hours ago, Marcos said:

2. Reboot the machine

It can't be. I'm the unluckiest person in the world. When I enabled the logs it didn't happen. WHY DO THESE THINGS HAPPEN ONLY TO ME?

3 hours ago, Marcos said:

2. Reboot the machine

when i ended the logs even though nothing happened, it took me to a folder with other folders and many files. there was a folder with the name epns too and i opened it and it had some xtll or something like that files. I dont know what from all these do you want me to upload here @Marcos

21 hours ago, Marcos said:

2. Reboot the machine

@Marcosplease answer to my newer queries

• Administrators

If the issue doesn't happen with advanced logging enabled, then it's most likely caused by timing. With logging enabled, some operations take longer which is for instance enough for the communication channel to get established after a reboot. Maybe a complete memory dump from the time when the notification appears could shed more light. For further investigation, please raise a support ticket.

17 minutes ago, Marcos said:

If the issue doesn't happen with advanced logging enabled, then it's most likely caused by timing. With logging enabled, some operations take longer which is for instance enough for the communication channel to get established after a reboot. Maybe a complete memory dump from the time when the notification appears could shed more light. For further investigation, please raise a support ticket.

No it happened right now I came from school open the computer and it happened. Why does thus happen only to me

11 minutes ago, Marcos said:

How to raise a support ticket and what are they going to do if I do so. Can someone control my computer with Microsoft teams cause I don't know what you are telling me because I'm not English and because I can't understand everything?

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, Marinos said:

No it happened right now I came from school open the computer and it happened. Why does thus happen only to me

If it happened with advanced logging enabled, please provide fresh ELC logs after the issue has occurred and advanced logging was subsequently disabled.

Otherwise you can raise a support ticket via https://www.eset.com/int/support/contact/, simply select Other -> Other in the wizard until you get to the support form.

1 minute ago, Marcos said:

Marcos it appears it has bugged ro something because I can't see your reply. Please re send it

4 minutes ago, Marcos said:

If it happened with advanced logging enabled, please provide fresh ESET Log Collector logs after the issue has occurred and advanced logging was subsequently disabled.

Otherwise you can raise a support ticket via https://www.eset.com/int/support/contact/, simply select Other -> Other in the wizard until you get to the support form.

Okay I can see it now

6 minutes ago, Marcos said:

If it happened with advanced logging enabled, please provide fresh ESET Log Collector logs after the issue has occurred and advanced logging was subsequently disabled.

It didn't happen with advanced logs on because as I said yesterday I ended the logs

• Administrators

Then please open a support ticket since a full memory dump from the time when the notification occurs will most likely be needed.

4 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Then please open a support ticket since a full memory dump from the time when the notification occurs will most likely be needed.

I don't know what a memory dump is. I don't know anything about eset I just bought it but it has so many buttons and I dont know anything .

• Administrators
  • Solution

Since the notification disappears quickly, I'd recommend to keep things simple and disable the notification about EPNS connectivity unavailability in the application statuses setup:

image.png

5 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Since the notification disappears quickly, I'd recommend to keep things simple and disable the notification about EPNS connectivity unavailability in the application statuses setup:

image.png

Thams God finally someone helped me so its not an issue right? Oh my God thank you my friend ❤️ 💕 💖 😘 💗 🙏 ❤️ 💕 💖 

7 minutes ago, Marcos said:

image.png

You can't believe how happy I'm right now thank you so much ☺️ 

• Administrators

We'd like to check your advanced logs anyways. Please do as I instructed no matter if the notification appears or not, ie:

2. Reboot the machine
  3. After Windows has started, wait ~1 minute.
  4. Stop logging
  5. Collect logs with ESET Log Collector and upload the generated archive here.

1 hour ago, Marcos said:

We'd like to check your advanced logs anyways. Please do as I instructed no matter if the notification appears or not, ie:

2. Reboot the machine
  3. After Windows has started, wait ~1 minute.
  4. Stop logging
  5. Collect logs with ESET Log Collector and upload the generated archive here.

First  I already have done it and the notification didn't came

Secondly I raised a ticket and I'm not sure if they understood my problem but they said they have been having some problems with the epns lately and it is now solved. I hope they solved it.