Is the three year renewal discount about to disappear?

Guest John thompson

Please help me understand the prices.  My reseller is telling me from May the three year discount is being removed.  Is this true?

I've been a happy Eset Anti virus user for over a decade.  Removing the 50% discount for a three year renewal is going to double the costs just at a time I can't afford it.

John

• Administrators

Distributors know best about pricing and licensing, you can trust them. I can only tell that there's reportedly a shift from 3 to 2-year licenses although 3-year licenses may be still be sold by partners who support them.

Guest John Thompson

What she tells me is all of the multi-year pricing has gone.  So three years costs 3 x 1 year.  And so does two years.  NO discounts at all any more for multiple years.  New or renewal.

That is a big leap in cost.

Guest John Thompson

Yeah, same page in the UK.  And the same pricing from my reseller.  But her price list from May 1st now removes all multi-year discounts.  That means from May 1st the UK website will not have the 30% discount on it any more for two years.

I talked to her on the phone and she said that her ESET contact can't get any straight answers from above and all they do is point to a price sheet.

Guess I better just renew 3 months early.

Guest John Thompson

Hi itman.  It looks like they are trying out the new "zero discount" pricing on us Europeans first. Don't be surprised if this is coming your way too, so get your renewals in quick.😁

I guess they are looking at how Microsoft and the rest now do annual billing and want some of that kind of market. Loyalty discounts are an old fashioned idea.

Is this only a user forum? No official Eset people? was hoping to come here and find out the reseller was wrong.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest czesetfan

According to this article: press-centrum/eset It is a new strategy to offer a discount to increase the number of devices in a license, not to extend the time, the years of the license. 2 or 3 years is obviously a regional issue, somewhere they will be, somewhere they won't.

Guest John Thompson

@peteytThe discount on the UK site for new licences has dropped by a big margin.  Now only 10% for two years, and 20% for three years.  Used to be much higher than that.

You wait until renewal time.  That's when the shock kicks in.  Especially if you have a lot of computers.  Loosing the 33% renewal discounts means a three years renewal is now 50% more than last year.  My 3 year, 3 PC, IS licence went up from £90 to £135 which is why I jumped early.

The Slovak write-up is a little confusing as there already was a huge discount on multiple devices in the UK.  It mentions the "3 in 2 campaign" that would have been the old pricing model where the third year was 33% off.  That says that ended in December 2022 for them.  Also points out that new and renewal licenes will cost the same.  Which seems to be what we have been hit with in the UK.  I notice the renewal I was quoted is same price as the new licence on the website now.  Actually would have been worse as the May renewal did not include that 10%\20% discount.