Eset flags Visual Studio C++ Release build .EXEs a variant of Win64/Agent_AGen.YD trojan;cleaned by deleting

Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

Eset flags new Visual Studio C++ Release build .EXEs  with a variant of Win64/Agent_AGen.YD trojan and cleans by deleting the file.

Visual Studio compiles without errors, links without errors, then can't run the program because Eset has swooped in and deleted the file before Visual Studio can find and run it (we're talking extremely quickly)

This is a new behavior and happens even with simple one-source-file Hello World! programs.

I've scanned my computer and Eset finds nothing wrong. It DID find the same variant in a Release .EXE I built a couple of days ago and true-to-form, deleted the file. (So, this is a new behavior). I rescanned my computer after it found that older .EXE. No problems found.

Also, Eset doesn't find anything wrong with Debug .EXEs.

All Operating System, MS Store, VS Code & Extension, Visual Studio & Extension files have been checked and are up-to-date;

I even did a cold reboot because, yeah, off then on, right? No joy.

Screenshot 2023-04-26 122239.png

Not fixed, yet. I still get the error, but only on an x64 Release build.

32-bit x86 Debug build -- Everything is ok

32-bit x86 Release build -- Everything is ok

64-bit x64 Debug build -- Everything is ok

64-bit x64 Release build -- Eset flags the file (same as before) and deletes the .EXE

It's a simple cout << "Hello World!" cin.get() program (I didn't want to muddy the waters with a real program).

Here's the simple program (all programs trigger the problem). Note I #include the string header because I almost always include it -- It's kind of a muscle memory thing.

#pragma once

#include <iostream>
#include <string>

using std::cin;
using std::cout;
using std::endl;

int main()
{
    cout << "Hello World!" << endl;

cin.get();

return 0;
}

• Administrators
  • Solution

Please submit the file(s) to samples[at]eset.com as a possible FP. The detection name mentioned in this topic's name no longer exists and was disabled several hours ago.

The problem has been fixed.

You folks are great! You were speedy in your response and solution. There are multiple reasons I've kept with Eset for years. This is the first problem I've encountered and your response adds another reason to keep Eset and to keep recommending Eset to others.

Thank you so very much for your time and efforts. I couldn't expect better treatment.