ARP POISON on router settings false detection??

Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

hello admin and eset staff and community today my eset block an arp attack whats weird is that it shows only when i make changes to my router settings and its not even connected to the internet as there is no sim card in the wifi router itself is this false positive?

ARP.png

• Administrators
  • Solution

This is because the machine received an ARP response to an ARP query from 2 different MAC addresses which is likely because you have both wired and wi-fi connection to the router. Try disabling the wi-fi adapter on the machine and leave only the wired connection. Since the router is a device you trust, you can create an IDS exception for the detection.

7 hours ago, Marcos said:

Try disabling the wi-fi adapter on the machine and leave only the wired connection.

I had this same situation when my ISP finally issued me a new gateway. Win 10 showed two connections; Wi-Fi and Ethernet although my Win 10 PC was only connected via Ethernet. Never saw that before since my PC does not have a wireless connectivity.

Disabling Wi-FI on the gateway was not an option since its used by the TV wireless desktop boxes.

What did work for me was to perform a Win 10 network reset. After that completed, my PC now only sees one Ethernet connection.