Not able to remove license or device from old unused computer

Hello,

I want to install my licensed copy of Eset Nod32 anti-virus on a newly formatted pc and it is showing overused at Eset Home. The device's name is Rohan-5. I am unable to remove it so that I don't get an overused error. Could someone here from admin please help me out? 

Over used.png

• 4 weeks later...

I did it but didnt help 😕 all the devices are disconnected but the license is overused by 3 devices i dont understand what is happening.

Screenshot (2).png

What is the biggest problem today: If the licenses feature detects a new device and you want to use it on a new one or even reformat the same device to use the ESET solution, this "overused" error occurs. Then you remove all devices and still have this problem. I think it's better to make it clear if when paying the license for a device we have the right to reinstall the solution or even remove the old device and use it on a new one. I want to believe that the developers thought and tested all the possibilities since when the error happens we cannot fully activate the product.

• Administrators
34 minutes ago, Tatu said:

What is the biggest problem today: If the licenses feature detects a new device and you want to use it on a new one or even reformat the same device to use the ESET solution, this "overused" error occurs.

A license may get overused if you install and activate ESET on a different device or if you make substantial changes in your the hardware configuration. If you reinstall ESET on the very same device, no additional seat is consumed. If you have upgraded the system, you can free unused seats via the license manager in ESET HOME.

18 minutes ago, Marcos said:

A license may get overused if you install and activate ESET on a different device or if you make substantial changes in your the hardware configuration. If you reinstall ESET on the very same device, no additional seat is consumed. If you have upgraded the system, you can free unused seats via the license manager in ESET HOME.

Thanks for the clarification, however I would like to ask one more point:

Assuming that I am going to reinstall my operating system on the same device, the safe way would be: Uninstall ESET, go to ESET HOME for example and there remove the device linked to the license and after installing the operating system, download ESET and then installation login to ESET HOME where the license will be automatically recognized?
Or could fully formatting the device and then opening ESET HOME generate this error?

I ask these questions because they are common although it is not always easy to find an answer about the correct order of procedure to avoid this error.

• Administrators
29 minutes ago, Tatu said:

Assuming that I am going to reinstall my operating system on the same device, the safe way would be: Uninstall ESET, go to ESET HOME for example and there remove the device linked to the license and after installing the operating system, download ESET and then installation login to ESET HOME where the license will be automatically recognized?

If you uninstall ESET with the computer connected to the Internet, the seat will be freed automatically. That said, you won't need to log in to ESET HOME, just uninstall ESET, reinstall the OS, install ESET and activate it.

20 minutes ago, Marcos said:

If you uninstall ESET with the computer connected to the Internet, the seat will be freed automatically. That said, you won't need to log in to ESET HOME, just uninstall ESET, reinstall the OS, install ESET and activate it.

Thanks 👍