The ESET Push Notification Service servers cannot be reached

JimChev3
Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

As of this morning, 4/24/23, most of my environment has started showing that error. Windows clients (ESET Endpoint Security v10.0.2045.0) and servers (ESET Server Security v10.0.12010.0) alike. Ports 8883 and 443 are open to epns.eset.com and the firewall is not showing any denied traffic on those ports except for the rare, odd incoming traffic from IP addresses that are not on your list of ports and addresses document online. There were some TCP SYN checking issues on traffic coming from your push notification servers (tcp syn checking failed, expecting SYN packet for new TCP connections but received ACK FIN or RST instead), but even after turning that off and thereby seeing no more denied traffic for that, everything is still unhappy. I am running an ESET Protect virtual appliance here that everything is connected to. That appliance is reporting as server version 10.0.2133.0, web console version 10.0.132.0. As far as I can tell, everything is on the most current versions available. It's currently showing on 46 of 69 devices in my ESET console. I'm assuming most of the rest just haven't started reporting it yet as the number has been slowly climbing all morning.

The only thing I've found on it so far by searching that I have not tried are the instructions at https://support.eset.com/en/kb8207-resolve-push-notification-service-servers-cannot-be-reached-alert-in-eset-endpoint-products. Largely because I'm not sure if these are even still applicable, and also because everything was working fine up until this morning, so I'm not sure why I would all of a sudden need to do this when it hasn't been needed before.

I stand ready to provide any further information that I can, but I need some guidance on where to go from here please.

I too received this.

If I had to guess it's related to the Cloud maintenance:

Apr 24, 2023
Completed - The scheduled maintenance has been completed.
Apr 24, 17:00 CEST
In progress - Scheduled maintenance is currently in progress. We will provide updates as necessary.
Apr 24, 09:30 CEST
Scheduled - Dear customers, we would like to inform you about the upcoming production upgrade of ESET Inspect Cloud which is planned for this Monday, April 24th. You can expect 2 outages between 9:30 and 17:00 CEST. The 1st one will last around 1 minute and the 2nd up to 10 minutes. Customers will not be able to access their ESET Inspect Cloud console during these outages. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Edited by Mindflux

• Marcos locked this topic