Network Inspector gone insane

Go to solution Solved by itman,

Okay my laptop sometimes get 502 checksum error and after that my eset goes insane. Now it got that again and half of my devices are on a  network called home and the other half at my network. What the f@ck. I need help 

• Administrators

Probably the file with information about devices got corrupt. Try deleting "C:\ProgramData\ESET\ESET Security\homenet.dat"  in safe mode.

On 4/24/2023 at 9:26 AM, Marcos said:

Probably the file with information about devices got corrupt. Try deleting "C:\ProgramData\ESET\ESET Security\homenet.dat"  in safe mode.

Well it got fixed but I don't know for how much long. Also I used ti get 502 every time I booted my laptop and now it doesn't show it. I ve told my father to take it to a pc expert and he told be take a picture of the problem but I didn't and now I can't. I want to take a Pic of it

Wait after that it will generate a new file ? Also I don't believe I have to do it cause for now it's okay

• Solution
1 hour ago, Marinos said:

Wait after that it will generate a new file ?

File contents are refreshed after a Win full restart from what I can determine.

17 hours ago, itman said:

Hello itman I have a question my grandma has a zte router WPA 3 and it doesn't have any login password on the label so I searched default password on the internet and it shown me them. Now I don't know if I should connect to that wifi again because it is vulnerable isn't it?

Edited by Marinos

15 minutes ago, Marinos said:

Now I don't know if I should connect to that wifi again because it is vulnerable isn't it?

At the end of this article: https://19216811.uno/zte-router-login/ is shown how to assign a Wi-Fi password. 

Also since it appears the default logon and password for ZTE router's GUI interface is "admin", I would also change those.

2 hours ago, itman said:

At the end of this article: https://19216811.uno/zte-router-login/ is shown how to assign a Wi-Fi password. 

Also since it appears the default logon and password for ZTE router's GUI interface is "admin", I would also change those.

Well excuse moi but I have to say . I connected to the internet and put al loft the passwords. No one worked. Well if I connect to a hacked router what can happen to my phone?

2 hours ago, itman said:

Okay I just figured out I didn't try the web one I accidentally wrote 0065 instead of 0063. 

Look can I not do it in safe mode please? I don't know how

On 4/30/2023 at 10:11 PM, itman said:

What kind of restart? Reboot?

36 minutes ago, Marinos said:

Okay thank you but is there a way not to do it in safe mode ?

No, because Eset's self-protection has locked the file from modification activities.