eset push notification service cannot be reached ??

Go to solution Solved by Peter Randziak,

We started having this issue yesterday with over 1000 clients. Only 20 have checked in so far. The rest show offline. We are anxiously waiting for this to be rectified.

Please provide timely updates.

Thank you!!

Edited by Cpuguru

El 24/4/2023 a las 10:21, FRiC dijo:

Hace un par de horas tuve 24 (de 149) con este problema, según la consola de administración. En este momento es hasta 45.

Ojalá se pueda solucionar pronto.

Tengo el miso problema.

Today, April 26th, 2023, at around 3:10AM, I'm again receiving the same warning mentioned in this thread -- I also received this warning on the 24th, however, it self-resolved on the 25th. Until these two mentioned dates I've not received this notice before; so, obviously there is no firewall issue blocking port 8888 (port 443, https port, has never been blocked as many installed applications use this port).

Is there, again, an issue at the ESET server ed of this process?

Thanks for your attention to this issue.

Today (April 26th) some stations started showing the error while yesterday they had no reports.

Restarting the pc only solves the problem on a few pc.

• Administrators

Connections to the EPNS servers are still being throttled, however, we've been gradually allowing more and more clients to connect. We expect full EPNS functionality to be restored within today.

• ESET Moderators

Hello guys,

the EPNS servers are now fully open to accept new connections, the ESET products should reconnect automatically.
The teams involved are closely monitoring the situation on EPNS and related services as well.

Thank you for your patience during this period of degraded quality of EPNS service.

Peter

Things were looking good an hour ago but now I have 20% of my endpoints reporting the EPNS service is unreachable again

All clients were back to normal this morning, but as of 11:31 EST, about half of my PCs are back to the "The ESET Push Notification Service servers cannot be reached" warning.  Hopefully, this is just temporary.

Sorry to say, you've still got work to do. I've had some sporadic incidents one by one throughout the morning, but just got notified a few minutes ago that 10% of my computers had issues, and it is indeed the push notification service cannot be reached issue again.

If the EPNS servers are fully open to accept new connections and are working normally, shouldn't I be able to use ping, tracert, or connect with telnet to the epns.eset.com address?

All three of these commands worked intermittently on the 24th during the intermittent dropped connections. I have not been able to get any of these commands to work for the epns.eset.com address for the last two days.

If the connection is "fully functional", should these commands work for the epns.eset.com address or not?

Yesterday I've notice that randomly stations show that EPNS  was not reachable.

At this moment all seems ok.

• Administrators

The situation has improved a lot recently. We are now in the process of releasing a new Direct cloud communication module to lower the load on EPNS servers so we expect the situation to stabilize as more users get the module. Clients who keep persistent connection with EPNS servers for a longer time should not be affected once connected.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...