eset push notification service cannot be reached ??

Go to solution Solved by Peter Randziak,

Same issue with around 90% of my clients in ESET PROTECT showing the "The ESET Push Notification Service servers cannot be reached" warning.  Just started receiving this warning over the last few days.

• Administrators
12 minutes ago, damtechmatt said:

Is there some sort of policy we can set that stops this error message, until the issue is resolved?

A policy with this setting in the application statuses setup should suppress the notification on clients:

image.png

39 minutes ago, Marcos said:

A policy with this setting in the application statuses setup should suppress the notification on clients:

image.png

Unchecking the "Show" box that @Marcos highlighted, does remove the warning from client PCs, but I discovered that I had a separate policy for servers, which I also had to uncheck the "Show" box for.  The warning still shows in ESET PROTECT though, but that is fine as long as the end users don't see it.

• Administrators
1 minute ago, T3chGuy007 said:

The warning still shows in ESET PROTECT though, but that is fine as long as the end users don't see it.

You can also disable the Send check-box to prevent the application status from being reported to ESET PROTECT, however, since it's just a temporary issue administrators might prefer to see the notification rather than suppress it and forget to remove suppression once the issue has been sorted.

Rebooted 2 laptops in last 15 minutes and they no longer show the EPNS warning.  I'm sure users will see the same after their EOD restart.  Looks to be fixed in my area (central-eastern Canada).

I'm seeing a few systems where rebooting makes the error go away. I'm assuming once it is fully resolved, a reboot won't be necessary and it'll clear itself out on the next check-in with the ESET servers. Correct?

Edited by GDI

• ESET Moderators

Hello guys,

The fix is being deployed into the production and requests to connect to the EPNS service are being throttled to keep the load under control.

So the situation is improving, but it will take some time to restore the full EPNS functionality in a controlled manner.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by this
Peter on behalf of the teams involved

1 hour ago, F1trobee said:

Rebooted 2 laptops in last 15 minutes and they no longer show the EPNS warning.  I'm sure users will see the same after their EOD restart.  Looks to be fixed in my area (central-eastern Canada).

Southeast USA 2:31 PM CDT  Apr 24  ..... Re-Start and NO POPUP now

Do you actually have to reboot? Previously I was showing 40+ computers with the issue, now everything is back to normal on the management console and in the application, but I notice the tray icon is still showing the orange exclamation mark.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, FRiC said:

Do you actually have to reboot? Previously I was showing 40+ computers with the issue, now everything is back to normal on the management console and in the application, but I notice the tray icon is still showing the orange exclamation mark.

A reboot is not required, the application status should change to green automatically although not immediately.

• ESET Moderators
21 minutes ago, CraigC said:

Just turned my PC on this morning, still seeing error.

The client tries to reconnect automatically, so the issue should resolve soon.
Once the client is connected, it maintains the connection to the EPNS infrastructure.

5 hours ago, Marcos said:

A reboot is not required, the application status should change to green automatically although not immediately.

Thanks Marcos, yeah after a while everything was back to normal. Unfortunately later in the day I'm showing 20+ EPNS unreachable again.

For us it started like 2 hours ago. Since then we have this notification on cca 50+ computers using EES and ESET PROTECT its changing constantly.

I also just started receiving this notification this morning. A little less than half of our devices are currently affected since around 9AM this morning and still occurring. Glad to see you guys are on it.

Update 4/25/23, 7AM Eastern Time:

It appears to still be a problem, although less so than yesterday. None of my systems were showing the error when I got in this morning. However, I've had three pop up with it in the last 30 minutes or so. Rebooted the first two and so far, they're still OK, but they may just not have triggered the notification yet also. I'm not sure how long that takes.

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

I can confirm that Dev and DevOps are still actively pursuing the issue.
During the night / in the morning (CEST) it seemed promising, sadly the service hasn't still recovered fully.

Peter

Greetings from Germany,

since Yesterday some of our Clients are not able to reach the Push Notification Servers.
There is always another Bunch of Computers impacted.

Thank's in advance for your efforts!